The Home Of European Paintball

UK University Paintball Championships

Steve Hancock

Free man!
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham (UK)
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
Originally posted by Ion
University of Kent at Canterbury i believe you've been talking to Mat....at least that what he said;)
Ahhhh! Now I'm with you. Yes I was aware of Kent, and I have been speaking with mat. Was thrown by the 'canterbury ' in your profile as i didn't realise thats where kent uni was. Cheers.

P.S. Time to start calling up the site (0121 3273961) to sort out your entry. Don't leave it till last minute! So far 4 teams are booked in and sorting out cheques from there uni's for the entry fees.

Steve Hancock

Free man!
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham (UK)
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
A couple of people have been asking how many teams are entered. Here is a run down. Of the 13 recognised and active clubs, 11 are interested and trying to recruit a team, of them 3 are planning to bring 2 teams each. 7 of those teams have found the players they need and are in the process of sorting out their entry fees. In addittion at least 2 other uni's without clubs are trying to get a team together for the event and to start a club afterwards.

Tot that up and it comes to 16 teams. Now i don't think that we will get 16, I'm expecting/hoping for 12, of which 3 will be second teams - so 9 different uni's.

So the short answer, about 12 but until people get booked in i won't know for sure.

AUPaintSoc

(o)(o)
Jul 19, 2005
Aberdeen
www.abdn.ac.uk
Just trying to work out costs here for some of our team, anyone have any idea of an approx. no of games each team will play over the day? Just so we can work out how much paint to bring...

Steve Hancock

Free man!
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham (UK)
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
Exact number of games will depend on the number of teams that enter. But I'd say a minimum of 7 and a maximum of 10.

With a maximum of 1700 balls per game (5 hoppers and 5 pots) i reckon it will be close to 1000 used per game. Players are bound to have some paint left at the end of the game, and players eliminated early may have almost all of their paint left. 1000 balls/game would mean 3.5 to 5 boxes per team for the day.

But that isn't counting paint that you take home, nor wasted paint or chrono paint. But i try to keep all of those to a minimum - around half a box for the day. So to cut a long story short I'm budgeting 5 boxes per team.

If you're bringin your paint with you might be an idea to bring 6 per team so that you have a spare.

Kerry

Where are the bin bags?
Oct 29, 2003
Brum
www.wdp.tv
SUPAIR INTER UNI TOURNY - 4th March 06

Dear All !!!!

Just a heads up regarding this tourny lads. The 4th March is gonna be a sell out day for us and our rec ball players!! It is also our junior day - we currently have 280 players booked in !!

The inter-uni tourny will be taking place on our sup'air fields so you guys will not be mixed in with any marauding juniors so dont worry!! However - I would urge any teams looking to enter the supair tournie to aquire, beg , borrow , etc as much of your own gear as possible. The rental equipment available will be limited and the idea is that you guys bring your own gear.

Can you also keep Steven / myself up-to-date on your team bookings for the day - as Steve says places will be capped so you need to get in and confirmed asap!!!

Steve I still only have just the 2 teams reserved for the woodland event on 19th Feb - do you have any updates!!

Stay in touch guys!!
See you on the 4th !!

Kezza xxxxxxxxxxx
;) ;)

Ginja

Dyslexic Brians
Feb 12, 2006
Reading
Visit site
Hi,

Just sorting out the UEA team atm, wont be able to make the rec ball as most members of the comitee are away. Trying to sort out the sup'air atm, cos of the above message saying lackage of guns looking to get some in as it appears most uni's want to borrow guns.

I looked into accomodation and costs around £30 for the weekend in the city center with travel lodge, could be a giggle.

Any more news on the BUSA front, i got in contact with FUSA the other day, they are the same as BUSA but for the world, they said pretty much the same.

I am looking into hiring out the uni night club (UEA) for a social in about a months time, will be doing this at the same time as a paintball outing so thinking about making it a bit even, getting all uni's down and such. What does everyone think?

Michael Merola

bust 3 hoppers in 1 day!
Aug 17, 2004
Milton Keynes / Birmingham
Ginja,

Say what i did to one of the other guys.

Basically what you could do if you want is stay in coventry, when we go down in the morning we can pick you up in our minibus for trip their and back? just a thought. Its a bout 25 minutes from Coventry.

Mike

Steve Hancock

Free man!
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham (UK)
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
Originally posted by GinjaKunt
...it appears most uni's want to borrow guns...
Not really, one or two will be and there is the a couple of teams that will need one or two. But like kerry said if you want to hire markers then don't wait til the last minute to book in.

I'll be chasing round this week to make sure you've all getting your entry-fees sorted. I'll start posting a list of teams once entry-fees are paid.