Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

UKM results??

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
all i was saying was that the reffs on field one and two were not at there best on sunday.
in what way were we (field 1) not at our best? yes there were a couple of incidents on our field of mutual illiminations as you get at every tourney. But there was absolutly nothing wrong with our reffing and no incidents of 'bad calls', the only single incident i would even consider arguable all day was one occurance of a player being eliminated as the team hung the flag who insisted what was in the refs view was a hit was bunker rub, the experienced ref was satisfied that it was a hit, called a 141 and ended the game, the ultimate was happy with this, end of.
ive reffed probably getting close to 100 tournies and i can honestly say that the team i reffed with on sunday is one of the best 5 man ref teams in the country at the moment....and i challenge anyone to prove otherwise.

robof9

awkward
Feb 20, 2005
East Coast
www.p8ntballer-forums.com
in what way were we (field 1) not at our best? yes there were a couple of incidents on our field of mutual illiminations as you get at every tourney. But there was absolutly nothing wrong with our reffing and no incidents of 'bad calls', the only single incident i would even consider arguable all day was one occurance of a player being eliminated as the team hung the flag who insisted what was in the refs view was a hit was bunker rub, the experienced ref was satisfied that it was a hit, called a 141 and ended the game, the ultimate was happy with this, end of.
ive reffed probably getting close to 100 tournies and i can honestly say that the team i reffed with on sunday is one of the best 5 man ref teams in the country at the moment....and i challenge anyone to prove otherwise.
we played our last 3 games on field 1, and to be fair, they seemed spot on the money.

my barrel was caked in paint, a non experienced ref would have probably called me out, but the ref understood that it was rub, especially when he saw my bunker

manners87

I cant shoot
Feb 28, 2006
Halifax
Visit site
Speaking from experience from both sides the refs make the decision they think is best.
Yes, you will get reffs who dont take it as seriously as others and you will get reffs that are tougher and softer than others... its all part of the game! how many players can honestly say they havent taken advantage of a bad call. or a ref looking the other way? so i tell you what to anyone who complains about the marshalls for anything other than something to do with safety
...shut up!

Its not your place to critisize marshalls. Same for those who havent reffed. calls go either way every game (as previously said) true the reffs at the masters could all go on a reffing course and become pro refs but to what end. youd only all end up complaining cause they were too harsh on you?! or because there was no leway for error or being able to lose that hit.

Face it Reffs are human (except for balf) and therefore they will make errors. but its not your place to argue. you can say what you like but remember this question when you are mouthing off....

"Why should that ref beleive you?!"

if the answer is "cause im right" then think about the other 9 "Right" people who are mouthing off to that ref. and remember your only 10% of the argument. Your a pathetic mouthy 10%.

I personally did have some gripes with the reffing on certain fields... however rather than rant and rave I made the most of it and or accepted the decisions as they come.

Any members of The Reapers who wish to comment further please do in a respectful mannor. I do not condone comments following this post.

Paul Manners
Reapers Coach.

manners87

I cant shoot
Feb 28, 2006
Halifax
Visit site
That was us and spank and im fairly sure there wasnt much of an argument from either team... although talking in the dead box... Spank :p tut tut tut :D

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
Let it rest you too
why? isnt the whole point of a 'forum' to have a discussion or are we all here to pat each others back?

what J-Doh is refering too in part is the number of what can only be discribed at the time with bad language of players who have no idea where they are shooting!
more than once on sunday we were going to bunkers to check players...the player being checked was behind the bunker with the ref stood to the side checking him....only for the player at the other end of the field to shoot the ref as tho he was the player! im not talking one or two balls im talking 15bps, when there was no way they had a shot at anything other than the ref. i took 6 shots in the face and 2 in the side of the head from a player that was shooting at me while i was lay down watching part of the field.....i was in the middle of open ground, there was no way he was aiming at anything else as all the other team were in the dead box! Then later in the day J-doh was hit in the temple by a player who wasnt even looking where he was shooting, he had his gun stuck round the side of a bunker with his head and body round the back!
last month somone (cant remember who - doesnt matter) commented that we were not 'getting stuck in like other fields' this month we made a point of being more visibly active even tho our method of reffing does not really require us to be in field much. only to find that every other time we run in to check someone we are getting blasted to bits......now before anyone starts saying 'you ref you get shot' i agree but there is a difference between catching a few stray balls and being shot at because you are visable near a live player when the player is behind cover.

Luke W

The Firm
Oct 7, 2006
Salford
The refs dont come on here afterwards and talk about how crap some of us are, so lets not talk about how crap soem of them are.

WEEBLE1

Officially "SPANKING"
Jan 10, 2006
Stoke on Trent
This is just getting plain ridiculous

What you should be doin, is thinking about the next time you are on the fields, with these referees that you are slagging off !! :rolleyes:

Train harder to become better SO you wont make mistakes, then blame somebody else for it !!!

Our last game against the reapers, is the game in question, about the FLAG hanger, who has an obvious HIT on his left leg.
Also, one of the major bunkers, a COKE CAN, had come off its pegs, and was more or less floating around the field.

Personally, I thought the reffing was up to the mark. ! Well done folks.

See you all @ Ancaster

Stu.... AKA ............Weeble :cool:

Ali

gunnin down fools in style
Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
This is just getting plain ridiculous

What you should be doin, is thinking about the next time you are on the fields, with these referees that you are slagging off !! :rolleyes:

Train harder to become better SO you wont make mistakes, then blame somebody else for it !!!

Our last game against the reapers, is the game in question, about the FLAG hanger, who has an obvious HIT on his left leg.
Also, one of the major bunkers, a COKE CAN, had come off its pegs, and was more or less floating around the field.

Personally, I thought the reffing was up to the mark. ! Well done folks.

See you all @ Ancaster

Stu.... AKA ............Weeble :cool:[/QUOT

i didnt see the flag hanging bit, but didnt he get checked after he hung the flag?