Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

UKM results??

Fi$h

FunKy-a$$ FleA Ba$$isT
Mar 20, 2003
So$co/Manc/Marseille
Visit site
Maybe one day he'll talk to me or something.......one day......

Sorry to hear you got burned in the great water bottle scandal that rocked a nation.......we're all brothers in arms....

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
i would love to reff please.
i pmd wendy a week before to see if it could be arranged but no reply =( got a team mate to ring her while he was sorting out entery, she said i would have to ref with out pay,(that i can understand)and it just wasnt worth me turning up, but if you could sort something out, brill!!

jack
You must have made a mistake, no organiser is going to get refs on field and not pay them. How could they expect them to do a job if they are not getting paid.
I think your team mate is having you on.
The PA pays a minimum of £50 to new refs and a dam sight more to experienced ones and I am sure Wendy pays the same.

Russ

Fish

CF6
May 15, 2006
Central London
i was just curious fella, it might of seemed like i took it the wrong way with the rant before lol maybe i should of used smileys,

i know i heard someone on the day saying i was a div 1 player he rocognised the shirt.

Erm let me think I Do not look like the real chris edwards about 5 stone difference and im sure he wouldnt wear a pink mask lol. I only wore the shirt as i found it in my brothers boot after the brother in law nicked my shirt for the dy and god did it smell hasnt been washed since my bro got it at the welsh open i think lol
I played one game in div 4 because they needed a player :)

I'd like to say that I changed my jersey to avoid being detected; but I didn't :p

Either way, I had a nice relaxing days play, do enjoy the atmosphere at the Masters; I found the reffing to be very good, people that are complaining have obviously not really experienced poor reffing! :rolleyes:

chrizwheatley

Northern Baller
Sep 23, 2007
Near Newcastle
You must have made a mistake, no organiser is going to get refs on field and not pay them. How could they expect them to do a job if they are not getting paid.
I think your team mate is having you on.
The PA pays a minimum of £50 to new refs and a dam sight more to experienced ones and I am sure Wendy pays the same.

Russ

Personally russell i would have reffed for free, saying that i shud have played but due to work comitments i cant travel to far at present, i struggle to get to my local site for 8am lol, how singer does it i have no idea i think the blokes a robot not a human lol (infact i dare say having seen him with his top off hes more of a terminator pmsl).

I think reffing inproves your game, you see where people went wrong and where they went right, you also think to yourself ... "this is what i would have done" etc.

Refs take loads flak, but its the same as every other sport going. Refs that spit the dummy when they are critisised really shudnt ref, likewise people who dont take the refs deccision as final shud'nt play.

I have argued with my own stable on calls i have made, and if you make a decission you shud never ever change it no matter what the player says because plain and simply you have seen what happened and what the player thinks is right (99% of the time to thier advantage), i have asked many times (to the likes of yourself and gilly especialy) what makes a good ref which i took note of and appreciated, what i didnt ask was what makes a bad ref? In my mind the major thing that makes a bad ref is dropping your arse under pressure for the offender. I think a ref shud be of strong charicter and cant be led easy by others. Its way to easy to question yourself and think well did i or didnt i etc.

Probs the only bad feedback i got from my team (which i didnt attend) was that there was some "personal grudges" by 1 or 2 refs. Sort ya self out boys you are being paid to be inpartial!! :D

Edit:- and also how a ref wiped a hopper clean after realising he made the wrong call lol. Why wipe it? Why not think to yourself 'ok i made a wrong call and the player was already out, i seen the shot and call a 1 for 1?' I guess this was probs a inexperaiced ref who thought ooops i made a mistake and tryed badly to cover it (from what i was told it was infront of about 20 people watching lol). I would rather be blamed for missing something then be blamed for (in honesty) making or helping a player cheat lol... if hes hit in a notable place hes 1 4 1'd anyways so just follow threw with it and dont try and 'self reflect' till after that game as it affects your judgement :D

Jesus

London Tigers 2
Dec 13, 2006
Herts
Having been forced into reffing at Campaign '06 by Icon to secure a CPL spot, I can say that this weekend was a nightmare in comparison. In the Millennium there are more uniformed lanes etc. etc. and you can work around them. Seriously, when there are folk just spraying literally everywhere it's a nightmare. Standing right against the netting on field one I was shot three times in the side of the head by the back right....how the hell did he manage that!?? I even had some dumbass shoot me a few times in the face when he was trying to sort out his loader....saw the barrel pointed at me, thought 'nah...he aint that stup-[bam bam bam]'.

...and don't get me started on the hits I took by empty-bunker mugging heroes....

Not actually having a go at anyone, because it was quite funny, but I think it's safe to say I'm never stepping onto a field unarmed....it's just not natural...

We reffed the field pretty damn good, and if you're doing it well, you shouldn't need to be running around the field like a mad man.....and I ain't doing it for piece of mind when wannabe Jeremy Salms are looking down the cross-hairs!

And to the guy who told me face to face that I'm a **** ref, a dickhead and an idiot (for giving him a 141...i think i know the rules, dude) ....I know who you are, and I'll see you on the field next time, but i'll have an Ego, and a diminished sense of mercy....;)

Fi$h

[
you sir, have just earned a spot in my top 10 paintball heroes list with that post :D