Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

UKM + STAKO = NO? :s

PreacherMan

Like a moth to the flame
Nov 2, 2006
Midlands
The manufacturer should recall all the bottles and the shops refund clients if their is any doubt about there safety.... and let people purchase other bottles that are safe
OR
they should immediately show or proof this was a bad batch and get any restrictions lifted as soon as possible preferably before the next masters....

Event organisers would have to have some sort of liablity insurance cover and if they risked running an event and allowing potential dangerous bottles which did harm a player they would be sued out of existence.. or their premuim would be so excessive they wouldn't be able to hold any future events.

Anger should probably be aimed at the maufacturers through the suppliers

DANIEL

Jun 25, 2002
At the top.
Visit site
dammit i was hoping to get away with a 3000psi fill - our mini's are mega efficient and we wouldn't have a problem with that!

I really wish I hadn't sold my other bottle when I got a stako now!

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
Because of the urgency of this matter the Manufacturer's I believe will be liaising with H-Pac and I suspect a final decision will be made before the next PA event.
However should that not be the case I would hope paintballers would be helping each other and loaning allowed bottles out to the playing teams.
This is not an ideal solution but one that is feasible for teams playing at the PA because of the way the format runs.

Russ

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
I would hope the PA would take a grown up 'educated' decision rather than looking for seats on the bandwagon so no one thinks the organizer's don't have safety as a high priority.

Considering we've been using these for ages ,there is only a 3000 psi fill anyway and there is no official line from Stako I feel some people may be jumping the gun considerably.

KitsuneAndy

Platinum Member
I would hope the PA would take a grown up 'educated' decision rather than looking for seats on the bandwagon so no one thinks the organizer's don't have safety as a high priority.

Considering we've been using these for ages ,there is only a 3000 psi fill anyway and there is no official line from Stako I feel some people may be jumping the gun considerably.
The 'grown up educated decision' is to follow the advice of the appropriate body at the event. In most cases, this would be HPAC. Even if the PA took the stance that they would allow the bottles, you could have two scenario's:

1. HPAC refuse to let you fill them using their equipment.

2. IF HPAC filled the bottles and there was any accident involving a Stako (even un-related to this particular issue), this could cause insurance problems as HPAC had already raised concerns over the bottles.

It may be an over-reaction, but it is a damage limitation exercise until more information is known. People are just going to have to wait until more investigation has been carried out.

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
yeh Furry Muff ..Have H-PAc actually said they will refuse to fill Stako's ? ,I cant be arsed wading through the over reaction on the other thread.

KitsuneAndy

Platinum Member
yeh Furry Muff ..Have H-PAc actually said they will refuse to fill Stako's ? ,I cant be arsed wading through the over reaction on the other thread.
At the masters I believe they allowed people to fill to 3k, but we were asked to stop using them if possible. I know Olly stopped using his Stako and used his spare.

I think all parties will want this sorted asap as it does no good to Stako or HPAC.