Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

UKM + STAKO = NO? :s

rst steve

I built your Ego, Geo
I've been using my Stacko for a few months now with no problem and believe that there is no problem with Stackos but something deeper between the two companys involved. This is going to leave me not being able to play now until this is sorted so do feel very bitter and annoyed. I think that AfrankB needs to be a little more careful who he is slagging off on these boards to if he had a Stacko and no replacement like myself and Lovetone maybe he may feel the same. I do understand that peoples safety is the most important issue here but i have not seen enough evidence yet to prove that my bottle is dangerous.

All just my views before you all start goin mad.:)

KitsuneAndy

Platinum Member
I've been using my Stacko for a few months now with no problem and believe that there is no problem with Stackos but something deeper between the two companys involved. This is going to leave me not being able to play now until this is sorted so do feel very bitter and annoyed. I think that AfrankB needs to be a little more careful who he is slagging off on these boards to if he had a Stacko and no replacement like myself and Lovetone maybe he may feel the same. I do understand that peoples safety is the most important issue here but i have not seen enough evidence yet to prove that my bottle is dangerous.

But have you seen enough evidence to suggest that ALL Stako's are fine?

Or do you agree that based on evidence on these boards, like the video of the bottle leaking, there could be an issue with a batch of the bottles?

Edit: I just think it's important to realise what's at stake here. If there are doubts, and no one acts on them, it could invalidate insurance as it's not an unforseen accident if someone has been warned. HPAC have said they wont fill Stako's pending further investigation into the issues. Once they know more information their stance will be confirmed. It's a precaution that HPAC have to take and I cant see how they would gain any advantage by banning Stako, so can't see any reason it could be politically motivated.

My 2c anyway.

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com

cheers rst steve

rst steve

I built your Ego, Geo
But have you seen enough evidence to suggest that ALL Stako's are fine?

Or do you agree that based on evidence on these boards, like the video of the bottle leaking, there could be an issue with a batch of the bottles?

Edit: I just think it's important to realise what's at stake here. If there are doubts, and no one acts on them, it could invalidate insurance as it's not an unforseen accident if someone has been warned. HPAC have said they wont fill Stako's pending further investigation into the issues. Once they know more information their stance will be confirmed. It's a precaution that HPAC have to take and I cant see how they would gain any advantage by banning Stako, so can't see any reason it could be politically motivated.

My 2c anyway.
In all honesty yes i have seen enough evidence to put my mind at ease that my Stacko will not blow up. Also i personally have not seen any Stacko bottles that have blown up and i have seen and used a few.

evoonline

CPPS Referee 4 Life.
Feb 14, 2007
Rugeley, Staffordshire
my 2cents about this matter is that hpac have said they wont fill the stakos until the problem is investigated and ultimately these guyz are in charge. fair nuff you can boycott events or argue the matter until you turn blue in the face BUT nothing any player says or does is going to change hpacs stance. they are ultimately thinking of the players safety and the safety of their staff who keep the air compressors working. peoples safety is more important than anything else. i think hpac have done the only thing they could and its definately the right thing. slaggin them off on here or anywhere else wont change their stance and will just make u look like morons for putting the price of a £150 bottle and your days play over the potential safety of everyone who is at an event. what would a serious incident do to british paintball and its ultimate aim of becoming a true sport. now i havent been around long playin tournament paintball but i do have common sense and this is what must come top over all else. SAFETY IS #1.

rst steve

I built your Ego, Geo
my 2cents about this matter is that hpac have said they wont fill the stakos until the problem is investigated and ultimately these guyz are in charge. fair nuff you can boycott events or argue the matter until you turn blue in the face BUT nothing any player says or does is going to change hpacs stance. they are ultimately thinking of the players safety and the safety of their staff who keep the air compressors working. peoples safety is more important than anything else. i think hpac have done the only thing they could and its definately the right thing. slaggin them off on here or anywhere else wont change their stance and will just make u look like morons for putting the price of a £150 bottle and your days play over the potential safety of everyone who is at an event. what would a serious incident do to british paintball and its ultimate aim of becoming a true sport. now i havent been around long playin tournament paintball but i do have common sense and this is what must come top over all else. SAFETY IS #1.
Very true hence the reason i can now not play until this is sorted out. How can paintball in this country grow if people cannot afford to play.

KitsuneAndy

Platinum Member
Very true hence the reason i can now not play until this is sorted out. How can paintball in this country grow if people cannot afford to play.
It will only be short term mate, and plenty of people seem willing to lend out bottles to help people out. there will be one of two outcomes:

The 'relevant authorities' prove that the bottles are safe and it's part of the design, in which case they will be filled as normal.

Or,

They will prove that some/all bottles are unsafe and the product will be recalled and the customers provided with refunds/replacements.

AfrankB

TEAM SPANK

who have i SLAGGED OFF and in what way i never slagged lovejoy off just said he was been childish in sayin HIS bottle was o.k