Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

UKPL - Full Invite List

Syd (NSPL)

NSPL and Pr0to KotH
Aug 30, 2001
Torquay, UK
www.purepaintball.co.uk
The full invitation list for the UKPL Final on 30th November is finally complete...

<UL>
<LI>Illusion
<LI>Team Phoenix
<LI>Chameleons
<LI>Shockwave Pro
<LI>Dusted Munky
<LI>DOA Zealots
<LI>Tigers Am
<LI>Ecstasy
<LI>Storm 2/Am
<LI>SAD UK
<LI>K2
<LI>Bad Touch
<LI>Dyehard
<LI>UK Raven
<LI>No Excuse
<LI>Tigers Pro
<LI>Team Zone
<LI>Kelly's
<LI>Panic Attack
<LI>Showtime
<LI>Nitro
<LI>Notorious
<LI>Method
<LI>Inferno
<LI>Kayleigh's Heros
<LI>Blitz
<LI>Shockwave III
<LI>Nexus
<LI>The Clan
<LI>DV8
<LI>Shockwave AM
<LI>Jaguars
<LI>Tigers Kidz
<LI>Team SWAT
<LI>Delta
<LI>Keltic Warriors
</UL>

All of those teams will receive an info pack as soon as I have an email address to send it to (in PDF - Adobe Acrobat - format). I am starting to email them tonight and will publish a list of address I don't have after my initial run. If you don't think I have your captain's email address, please get in touch with me via email@southwestpaintball.co.uk

For those team who didn't make the cut, you may still be invited. It is almost definate that some teams will not be able to accept their invites, so their places will be offered to the next team down on the UKPL League tables. See www.ukpaintballleague.com for the full list.

I look forward to hearing from you all soon and best of luck in the event.

Syd (NSPL)

NSPL and Pr0to KotH
Aug 30, 2001
Torquay, UK
www.purepaintball.co.uk
OK, I still need email addresses for the following teams please:

Shockwave Pro
Ecstasy
No Excuse
Team Zone
Panic Attack
Notorious
Team SWAT
Delta

All other teams should have received their invites by now. Please do not post email addresses here - PM or email me with them.

Cheers.

Simon Malone

Nov 30, 2001
Hook, Hants
www.nspl.co.uk
Originally posted by Syd (SWPL)
OK, I still need email addresses for the following teams please:

Shockwave Pro
Ecstasy
No Excuse
Team Zone
Panic Attack
Notorious
Team SWAT
Delta

All other teams should have received their invites by now. Please do not post email addresses here - PM or email me with them.

Cheers.
For Ecstasy contact either 'Phil' or 'Jay' @smartpartseurope.co.uk If you don't get a reply phone the shop. You could also try contacting Twizz if you don't get any luck there.

Simon

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
5-Man
Why? That seriously disadvantages southern teams who play 7 man. And also 7man is the universal format. What does playing 5man actually benefit a team? They never play 5man in the Millennium Series or NPPL.

This is not a winge post, i just hate playing 5man, and it doesnt serve a further purpose, like progressing a team in the 7man format

Syd (NSPL)

NSPL and Pr0to KotH
Aug 30, 2001
Torquay, UK
www.purepaintball.co.uk
The 5-man format was decided way back in the beginning of the year when the UK's league organisers first got together to discuss the UKPL. The thinking behind this was that some of the feeder events were 5-man and we wanted to make the UKPL as accessible as possible in its first season. It was felt that some newer teams (and even some established ones) may find it difficult to field a 7-man squad.

At the time, we knew that all the major series' would be going to the 7-man format in 2004 and it was decided that the UKPL should do the same in its second year. What wasn't known was how popular the 7-man format would become as 2003 went on!

So, the 5-man format was choosen at the beginning of the season with all the best intentions and as it has been advertised as such since before the first feeder event, it would not be fair to change this year. Indeed, I think you would see some of the Novice teams having to pull out this year if it was 7-man.

I think we will definately see the UKPL go exclusive 7-man in 2004 alongside the majority of SWPL, MM and the Series events.

As for what teams will get out of it this season - well, serious bragging rights for a start. Just making it to the final is an achievement in itself, never mind winning one of its divisions! :)

D6

Jun 21, 2002
Nakatomi Plaza
Nice one Syd- looking forward to it........but are DOA playing? I thought you said the team had folded? Would be good to see a rocking team playing again :)

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site

As for what teams will get out of it this season - well, serious bragging rights for a start.
Not really, as if a northern team wins, all of the southern teams will say that it is because they play 5man all the time. I have only been to one 5man event all year, but have played 7man in the M25, SWPL, Seveere Cup, Uttoxeter, where all the northern teams fielded 7man teams, including the novices. I think that 5man is far easier than 7man, as teams need only 3-4 good players rathre than 5-6 good players needed for 7man. Look at K2, they are a very good 5man team but not a dominant 7man team, i expect that the northern teams will dominate the UKPL cup rather than an acurate reflection of the country's team power bases if it was regular 7man.