Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ukpsf clarification please?

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Donk, you've moved from being just slightly belligerent and irritating to rude and disrespectful. Just because you paid for Plat doesn't mean you are exempt from the rules.

Wind your neck in or it will be a ban. Hopefully that's concise enough for you.

Last edited:

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
No not really as its not where I put it coz you interfered, your opinion & plentys are just that, opinions I was only asking specific questions that nobody could answer, fact is ukpsf is one man. Trouble there is one man is just that & if nobody is being paid then simple fact there is not enough is being done.
Nobody, nobody works for free at 100% production for long, it becomes a dead weight, something they are obliged to do.
If someone was being paid to get paintball recognised as a sport then it would be.

Bottom line No cash no incentive.
Donk

As mentioned at post #21, so far there have been 4 applications to have paintball recognized as a sport.

They all failed.

One of the main criteria for recognition is membership numbers - the UKPSF simply does not have enough members.

If we don't have enough members, our application fails, regardless of whether we meet the other criteria. Simple as that.

Paying someone to run the UKPSF full time would not change that - the only thing that would is players putting their hands in their pockets and spending the £15 to become a member.

Please note this is not just my opinion - it is a fact.

So, it is pointless making another application until the UKPSF has more members. Only, you, the players, can change that.

On a side note, if you live in Germany and want to play paintball, you have to join their federation. Otherwise, you can't play.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cook$

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
Again no focus on what the ukpsf is doing to get balling recognised as a sport.
I dont get why you feel the need to know the in's and out's of this process word for word. I think you will come back with more negative no matter what anyone post. And I think your just being a tad rude now ! This is what the UKPF does deal with it.

1. Insurance
2. A voice for the sport in legal matters
3. The nominated body trying to get paintball recognised as a sport which will make more money available via the UK spots council for sites, teams and events to apply for.

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
right donk i work with BULLY and so do alot of people and see what he does behind the scenes ,also alot of people like LEDZ with in the industry that do this for free.i will make a list of people that you can call and i bet everyone will back the ukpsf and BULLY and what he is trying to do
LEDZ planet
ROBBO p8nt
JOHN SOSTA kee
JOHN BONICH kee
SIMON COLE maxs sport
PAUL BANKS bz
AL MURRAY tippmann
TIM BARNETT shoreline
ETC ETC ETC
the UKPSF is the industry it is just STEVE BULL that is the chairman he talks with the industry all the time.
as you have tried too keep your thoughts private don`t you think that people connected too the UKPSF want too keep certain things private,until it is worth releasing info
there are people with in paintball that would love too see this fail ie DELTA-UKPBA so keeping things quite is the way too go

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
The purpose of the UKPSFis not to get paintball recognised as a sport & into the Olympics.

There have been a few attempts in the past. Earlier last year the standard posts came out on world forums about getting paintball into the Olympics. However in the UK this quickly changed direction to the first step of being a reognised sport, and the people involved didn't just sit behind their keyboards bleating about it on forums and making petitions. They got organised, worked out what to do and got into action. UKPSF is also acting, one of the criteria needed is the numbers of members of the official body.
There are 3 avenues for that -
1) Form a new official body
2) Have a recruitment drive for the current 'official body'
3) Use the other 'official' body - the UKPBA
They have over half a million members - Result. But what do the UKPBA do for paintball?.............
http://new.ukpba.org.uk/
The UKPBA is a made up body by Delta Force when they threw their teddy bear in the corner
Like the IPG which is a ticket distributor for Delta Force

The UKPSF / Steve Bull are not a true 'governing body', but are certainly recognised by the Home Office almost as if they are.
They have actively represented paintball in the UK and kept paintball legal and without additional restrictions at times such as the Michael Ryan incident and the VCRA. They are referred to by the Home Office regarding legality of shooting modes, frangible paint.
The UKPSF was the EPSF until other countries formed their own bodies at which time it chnged to the UKPSF
The UKPSF provides the advice, documentation and safe working practices for air fill operation and user air fill training.
The 'air pass' training and cards provided at scenario events for the last few years originates from the UKPSF
The UKPSF also has site members. It helps out the sites, helps sites get set up giving advice, dealing withrisk assessments etc, making it possible for sites to start up a business with reasonably priced insurance because they act on safe policies and procedures, and getting planning permission etc from councils.
All of the £15 paid by individual members goes to insurance premiums. This gives 2 elements of cover - loss of earnings and personal liability.

£100 per week is not much, but still £400 per month. To some people that is a lot of money.
I would always recommend people look into the small print and terms, any 'loss of earnings' policy that will pay a higher rate also takes a higher premium.
I am not in the UKPSF for the insurance. My employment contract has vastly better terms if I am unable to work, I will continue to be paid for 6 months (provided I have a reason for not turning up) then I get half pay for 6 months, and if I'm still off a year later then I'll get Statutory Sick Pay.
Assuming the majority of the country don't get that, then they need to look at their personal needs and that of their family. If you need the income then get personal cover, and pay the price for it.

Reactions: Biscuit

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
The first problem is "how can we raise awareness of the UKPSF and the benefits of membership?"

So how about asking Planet if they will insert a UKPSF membership flyer into the box of every gun they sell?

Or asking them to insert a link to the UKPSF membership page on their website?

I suggest Planet for the following reasons:-

1. They are big, Lots of peeps buy their stuff.
2. Ledz is a good guy.

Last edited: