Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

UKPSF the LAW

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Iam 13 i think its the fact they dont want a gun in the house i just bought a pair of goggles and a sandana from the masters but i dont know what i can do to eventually get a marcker.
Looks like you will just have to bide your time and stick to the other kit.

Having your own mask is a good start - and is also a piece of practical advice - if you go to punter days and rent the marker you will have the advantage of a comfortable mask to your preference.

Be serious about paintball and it should calm in time. At 13 you are still a youngster. If you're more interested in tournament style paintball you may find it hard to get parents too interested other than transporting you. If you go for some punter / woods paintball it may be easier to persuade parents for a bit of parent / child bonding.

Pmr Man

otherwise known as Bing!
Apr 24, 2008
satans layby- MILTON KEYNES
i'm 15 now and after much persuation last year my parents let me get a marker. good things to do is slowly install trust and maturaty,let them have control over your kit . show them your really intrested (start running to prove?). just take things one at a time. a big factor for me and my friends parents and mine (probably yours too) is that they will probably have misconceptions. the best thing to do is scorouge around for a video informing about paintball, letting your parents go paintballing and point out the saftey aspect, and if you can let your parents speak to a person who has had 15 odd years experience that might help as its a "new" unfamiliar thing to them. hope this helps

ProFlexy

Apr 8, 2009
Looks like you will just have to bide your time and stick to the other kit.

Having your own mask is a good start - and is also a piece of practical advice - if you go to punter days and rent the marker you will have the advantage of a comfortable mask to your preference.

Be serious about paintball and it should calm in time. At 13 you are still a youngster. If you're more interested in tournament style paintball you may find it hard to get parents too interested other than transporting you. If you go for some punter / woods paintball it may be easier to persuade parents for a bit of parent / child bonding.
Thanks, i do alot of woodsball but ive never taken my parents with me though, i think its very much an age thing cus when i went to the masters today i didnt see anyone playing thats my age.

ProFlexy

Apr 8, 2009
i'm 15 now and after much persuation last year my parents let me get a marker. good things to do is slowly install trust and maturaty,let them have control over your kit . show them your really intrested (start running to prove?). just take things one at a time. a big factor for me and my friends parents and mine (probably yours too) is that they will probably have misconceptions. the best thing to do is scorouge around for a video informing about paintball, letting your parents go paintballing and point out the saftey aspect, and if you can let your parents speak to a person who has had 15 odd years experience that might help as its a "new" unfamiliar thing to them. hope this helps
Cheers man this might help me alot ;)

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
AFAIK the Home Office don't categorise paintball 'markers' as air guns anyway, so there is no issue with the ownership.

However, you should respect your parents wishes, if you want them to trust you, going against their will undoubtedly will eventually bite you in the ****!

As mentioned before, having a respected, responsible and experienced member of the paintball community talk to them is probably the best way to influence them.

Skeet would know, where is he when you need him, Tom did you ban him again?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
AFAIK the Home Office don't categorise paintball 'markers' as air guns anyway, so there is no issue with the ownership.
The acts relating to law cover firearms or air weapons. Home Office guidelines regard paintball on the side of air weapons but with more leniency due to the 'frangibility' of paintballs. Note - Back in the day the law was taken word for word and paintball was considered illegal in Scotland as it used CO2 not air.

Its a best bet to assume the age limits do apply to ownership of paintballs, but this does not realy come into effect unless you bring the attention of the police to yourself whilst underage. With recent law changes (VCRA) being directed at chavs etc, and the increase of punishments where legal status has not changed it is expected police will stick to these age levels.

Should anyone be attending the NvS game there is a planned players meeting on the legal aspects of paintball.

ProFlexy

Apr 8, 2009
The acts relating to law cover firearms or air weapons. Home Office guidelines regard paintball on the side of air weapons but with more leniency due to the 'frangibility' of paintballs. Note - Back in the day the law was taken word for word and paintball was considered illegal in Scotland as it used CO2 not air.

Its a best bet to assume the age limits do apply to ownership of paintballs, but this does not realy come into effect unless you bring the attention of the police to yourself whilst underage. With recent law changes (VCRA) being directed at chavs etc, and the increase of punishments where legal status has not changed it is expected police will stick to these age levels.

Should anyone be attending the NvS game there is a planned players meeting on the legal aspects of paintball.

Cheers lads