Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Undecided if i made the wrong decision

burnzy1989

its time to make a solid stream line of paint
Jul 7, 2008
Shropshire
Hi all iv bought a tippmann a5 for my brother , i got a phone call advising me that the a5 brakes paint and may be look at another marker .I would like some advise from people who know what the deal is with the a5 and if its worth going for another marker. Iv bought it for the big game at warped so if any one has got one and used it for big games do they have plain sailing or rough seas with it lol . Thanks

Gaz #68

Warped #68
May 14, 2010
Wolverhampton
My first marker when I got back into paintball three years ago. No problems for me or the mate I sold it to. Works great with site paint. Never put brittle tournament paint through it but why would you! It has regularly been used at warped's home site without issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

burnzy1989

Jul 7, 2008
Shropshire
cool mind is at rest , i thought it could of been that they thought i was going to use torny paint but just run of the mill paint will do me just fine, as my brother wont know the difference whats what lol , chears thanks

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
Its an inline blowback. What brand or grade of paint is he trying to put through it?

burnzy1989

Jul 7, 2008
Shropshire
LOL none yet as we haven't received it yet but when some one says there is a problem with something you instinctively investigate to see if any one else has had any issues , ow yha is the flat line barrel worth paying for as well and will the rate of the response trigger cause any issues with barrel brakes

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
Misread the first post. Nothing wrong with A5's and work well with paint up until about DXS bronze grade. I personally do not like flatlines. Make paint bouncy and the fact you need to use really hard paint like frostbite makes the problem worse. Get n apex if that sort of thing is your bag. Much better and more versatile option.

burnzy1989

Jul 7, 2008
Shropshire
yha brought back memories of being hit on the hand and it bounced hurt more than point blank shot lol , guess so just thinking of having a bit more versatility when it comes to the large playing fields makes it a bit more interesting for the younger brother playing for the first time. another thing the big game at warped how long does each game last as iv not been before im not sure on when you can refile the air tanks as mine is a 68 4500 and running a ego 8 so i know i can get a few pods out of it but running the a5 non regulated i cant see it doing to well so not sure on what size tank to get or run a remote line from a back up tank . Thanks

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
yha brought back memories of being hit on the hand and it bounced hurt more than point blank shot lol , guess so just thinking of having a bit more versatility when it comes to the large playing fields makes it a bit more interesting for the younger brother playing for the first time. another thing the big game at warped how long does each game last as iv not been before im not sure on when you can refile the air tanks as mine is a 68 4500 and running a ego 8 so i know i can get a few pods out of it but running the a5 non regulated i cant see it doing to well so not sure on what size tank to get or run a remote line from a back up tank . Thanks
I haven't been at nvs for a couple of year or so
(I need to return as they've extended the game area in use)
Game play continues all day long, there have been mobile in game fills and fill stations at entry points

There is the option of carrying more air & paint to stay in longer
With medic respawns, or at specific locations this lets you keep playing
But they are added weight and you should take some natural breaks - there is a point where the more you carry becomes heavy and then reduces the time you will play

Treat nvs as a bit of a festival, drop in and out of the game, carry water on you (with a straw etc such as a camel back or water pod) and look at the shiney new stuff in the stalls, do other activities etc.
The key is to know what is going on in game, if their are key objectives or a big push anywhere and use whatever radios or comms methods the faction leader has in place
(EG a 'command centre' and people giving updates to spawning players & radio relaying the situation around)

burnzy1989

Jul 7, 2008
Shropshire
sorry for the late reply , yha sounds like a good idea and also sounds like a good day out lol