Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Under barrel air tank?

Ricwin

At the cutting edge of cocking about
Dec 31, 2014
Southport, UK
Something which has always tickled my curiosity is mounting a slim air tank to the underside of the barrel on my A5. Something like this looks ideal from Just Paintball. Entirely for that milsim look, akin to an M203 grenade launcher.
How feasible is it to mount below the barrel? I suspect a sturdy front shroud will be required which can support a bracket to take the weight at the end, along with a means to support the bottle connection near the fore grip (or instead of the fore grip really).
I have no problems with butchering an 'M16' style magazine to allow the air feed through. Or fabricated parts required.

Anyone done this or something like it?
Any advise is very much welcomed at this point.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Step away from the pepper ball guns!
Looks like a paintball gun, same technology but not a paintball gun
But they can give you ideas

Got to get back to work, but if you search my posts you should find a Tpx with under-barrel mounted 13ci

You need:
ASA to fit the cylinder
Hose & fittings
Mount
Bit of DIY

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Right ... with the A5 you can remove the line from the grip and a remote line male ASA fitting will screw in, so you could easily switch back
Then design your mount.
Here I used a sight mount on the bottle end female ASA of a remote line, and as I have a rail on the TPX it was easy.
The bottle cannot be screwed into place so had to be screwed in (with the air off) and then the rail mounted to the gun

Obviiously on a pistol balance was ridiculous.

You will need to come up with a different mount for the A5, and won't get many shots.
But I have used an X7 with the 13 ci in limited paint games

b32255c1.jpg null_zps30d999a2.jpg

Ricwin

Dec 31, 2014
Southport, UK
Is 13ci going to be enough for a single hopper of paint? Or am I going to be heading back out every 10 mins to refill?

Tommikka that looks pretty sweet. And using the sight mount makes perfect sense.
Can't imagine it was very practical though on a pistol lol

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
On the x7 I achieved I think approx 150 shots on single shot
As soon as I sped the finger up all efficiency was gone and I got around 50

Velocity was reduced - but I had a short 3" barrel so was making no efficiency saving

By swapping normal barrel to short velocity would drop from 280 to 250

Google for scuba toys shot calculator and you can get a comparison from normal to reduced capacity

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
The convenience of air on the Tpx is not needing to change 12 gram
I don't like getting caught out
Mag change is pretty instant
12 gram change puts you at risk

It's practical in that you don't have a remote line, but it realy did pull the barrel down and had to be held up
I now have 2 Tpx pistols so have removed the remote

There is a nice slow motion clip of me using it at the first battle of Britain (first day as there was a hurricane that I camped through which ripped the site apart)

Ricwin

Dec 31, 2014
Southport, UK
Im hoping the weight of the tank wont have as much of an impact considering the weight on an A5, plus it will be kept fairly tight to me on a shoulder stock.