Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Underwater Paintball

Explode...

Originally posted by loply
I believe in space, the gas tank would explode. :) .
Unlikely, it's only 1 atmosphere less pressure in space than it is on Earth. So you would need to drop the pressure in the tank by 1 atm, which wouldn't be that much. They really do have quite hight pressures in them already! Oh and the burst disk would go before the bottle anyways.

Richard

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Marshal, paint check, behind the excreted chitinous bunker.
That's not a bunker.
It's..
I don't understand, they should be right on top of us...
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh........
There in the bunkers........
game over, game over man.....
............TRANSMISSION ENDS.........

robtattoo

Dunballin
Feb 13, 2003
Paintball's retirement community
PAINT IIIIN SPAAAAAAAACE !!! (bizzarre muppet reference)

:D :D :D They wouldn't get chance to freeze. The air contained within the ball would expand due to the lack of external air pressure & they'd explode first.
Proffessor Rob.

D6

Jun 21, 2002
Nakatomi Plaza
Originally posted by DickySixx
If this stupid idea was to actually work, you'd have to get something pretty heavy to weigh down the sup-air barricades:D :D :D On his Snorkel!!!!!!!!!!

Really, whatever next...has anyone played paintball in space?:)
I'm entirely to blame for this...just when I thought it had stopped too....:) :) :)

ChiZZerS

you're not gonna believe this....

hold it! this is a noob section..
they might get the wrong idea of that pic
if u acctuly did go in water like that..well..
you would just be a sitting duck..lol.litraly!
if some one did that when i played..they would
be surly bunkerd by me:D muhhahahah!

JoseDominguez

Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
PAINT IIIIN SPAAAAAAAACE !!! (bizzarre muppet reference)

Originally posted by robtattoo
:D :D :D They wouldn't get chance to freeze. The air contained within the ball would expand due to the lack of external air pressure & they'd explode first.
Proffessor Rob.
Nope: we covered this earlier, and until someone takes on up to check, it would probably be:

paint would boil, due to the pressure difference, probably congealing as it did so and losing all of it's energy, thus freezing solid. So, the paintball would boil and freeze within a fraction of a second. it's never happened to a paintball, but it happened to two cosmonauts, they were frozen, but intact, they didn't go pop. We'll never really know until it's tried, will the ball pop from the pressure before the paint cooks or freezes?

robtattoo

Dunballin
Feb 13, 2003
Paintball's retirement community
:eek: Unfortunateley Russian cosmonauts have weak-points, such as the eyeballs, nostrils, bum'ole, mouth & ears, so their internal air-pressure could theoretically equalize. A paintball is non porous, airtight & (zap cronic excepted ) equally thick in it's shell therefore the pressure would have to be released before any reaction to the pressure differential could occurr.:D

JoseDominguez

Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
nope, I'm talking at the cellular level, some cells had ruptured, some hadn't, think of the Pball the same way, it's too complicated to say what would happen to a paintball in space.
Is a paintball airtight at near absolute zero and no pressure? does it maintain it's chemical structure at this state?
Does the liquid boil before the paint cooks? does the shell freeze solid whilst the inside boils or does the whole thing pop and then freeze? we won't know until someone tries it..... too much physics going in at the same time as lots of chemistry.

D6

Jun 21, 2002
Nakatomi Plaza
Space Balls! Shwarz! Yoghurt!

Jose- please tell me that you're showing your students this thread- if ever there was a more stimulating reason to be interested in the sceince of shooting people in space, please let me know...:) :) :)

(hell knows, for a fee, i'll tell them why not to do an MSc):D