Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Uni Tournament

tatley

Portsmouth Uni
Cool will visit that site later, yeah revision and course work, is keeping us all busy.

As far as i know portsmouth hasnt been to a inter uni for a while concentrating more on nationals, and a few overseas.

But def interested in one next year or this.

Your uni team got any sponsorship?

Steve Hancock

Free man!
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham (UK)
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
Sponsorship? See my sig. :)

I'm a bit sceptical about the number of "sponsors" some teams have. WDP and their site NPF look after us, but that's got more to do with a good business relationship than us showcasing their brand.

A lot of people like to dress up bulk buying discounts etc, as sponsorship. It's all tied up with ego, trying to look like the big boys with logos on their jersys. "It your not sponsored then you are not a serious team." type thing.

Rant Rant...

:D

Having said that, i've been impressed with some of the out of industry sponsorship deals some new teams have clenched, bagging several hundred from local businesses. (Not sure whether they will work out to actually finacially benifit the businesses in the end though.)

Jules

D
Sep 25, 2002
Bath
If there is one i may try and get a few bath uni guys together for it! As for sponsors, pm tris from atmosphere as he is offering some severe sponsorship, excellent paint! Used it at the weekend at dartford and came 2nd in div one so can't be bad!

tatley

Portsmouth Uni
Originally posted by Steve Hancock

I'm a bit sceptical about the number of "sponsors" some teams have.
A lot of people like to dress up bulk buying discounts etc, as sponsorship. It's all tied up with ego, trying to look like the big boys with logos on their jersys.

Having said that, i've been impressed with some of the out of industry sponsorship deals some new teams have clenched, bagging several hundred from local businesses.
True well said mate. What i class sponsor ship is cold hard cash to be spent on torno's, equipment, travel, etc. Other deals as cheeper paint and discounts like u said is more about good business practise and customer loyalty, most companies in any industry give discounts, to regular buyers.

tatley

Portsmouth Uni
Originally posted by Jules
If there is one i may try and get a few bath uni guys together for it! As for sponsors, pm tris from atmosphere as he is offering some severe sponsorship, excellent paint! Used it at the weekend at dartford and came 2nd in div one so can't be bad!
2nd in div one wow well done mate, we came finally got our first d7's flag at the weekend. Yeah baby.

Yeah get some guys together for the uni thing, from what i can see on other forum, not a lot is happening, but i gonna start pushing, for one as its gotta be done. Thats is they let me on, as i registered and they not recognising it. Gonna have to re-register.

lucifer_hunter

Guy with the Flying Scarf
May 14, 2002
Central London
yeap im from a uni in LONDON but so far aint got no paintball clubs around here well at least none that i know of but yeah itll be cool if there's a uni tourny