Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Universe

spangley_special

Free Agent
Sep 26, 2006
Bristol
www.iamjackfranklin.co.uk
I don't think these threads are gonna be enhanced by any Google experts because they can be spotted a mile off and so please refrain from cutting and pasting Wikipedia extracts .......but there is one thing I found quite fascinating because classical opinions had the rate of expansion of the universe decreasing but, it was found to be increasing ......if so, WTF is causing that acceleration into oblivion ...food for thought maybe?

Could it not simply be that we are still at the early stages of the universe's current cycle and that the expansion will only begin to slow in a few hundred or thousand millennia. Now dont get me wrong i make no claim to having and real knowledge of the subject (not that this ignorance is a real issue, as it is all so far out of my hands what happens that my understanding is pretty trivial either way).
But I am aware of the sheer scale of it all, and to my uneducated reasoning this seems like a valid idea.

Kem

HEADSHOT
Dec 16, 2008
S****horpe ... gah
but there is one thing I found quite fascinating because classical opinions had the rate of expansion of the universe decreasing but, it was found to be increasing ......if so, WTF is causing that acceleration into oblivion ...food for thought maybe?
Its our fualt i say its all our CO2 emisions global warming rawr

and i was wondering how long it would take someone to ring up the god argument.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Its our fualt i say its all our CO2 emisions global warming rawr

and i was wondering how long it would take someone to ring up the god argument.
Kem, I'm afraid there isn't much room for God when it comes to understanding this accelerated phase, unlike god who is supposed to be enlightening, the culprit seems to be dark energy mate.

I know they have been scouring the universe for years to try and locate dark matter because they theorise it's existence but just can't find the bloody stuff which is surprising since it's alleged to be responsible for three quarters of the universe's matter/energy.

This exclusion of God is more a matter of scientific integrity than anything else, I think God comes into play when people look for creators (of the universe) or when those same people try to peek under the covers and theorise what was going on before the universe was created.

Unfortunately for us, the tools we have to unravel these questions are inextricably meshed in with the laws of the universe we live in and so we will forever remain constrained and have a permanent ceiling on our ability to understand certain concepts that undoubtedly reside well above the ceilings we have in place.

We can never hope to answer the ridiculous question posed by Richard Dawkins in his book, The God Delusion, whereby he discarded the idea of God merely because he couldn't countenance the notion of him (god) always being there.

Dawkins is an extremely bright and an innovative thinker that's for sure but something must be awry with his rationale if he stumbles over a problem such as the one just mentioned ... it's almost infantile and seems to be contrived merely for the purposes of a continued line of thought in his book ....... I think it's a cheap shot myself but then again, I ain't no Dawkins, I'm just a pleb in the world of those sort of guys.

I think I'll change my name to David and go get myself a slingshot :)

Potter Loki

Mar 18, 2007
Essex
well i seem to remeber that the effect "red shift" proves the universe is expanding, and to the guy who was on about the space ship, im sure Einstein proved it was impossible to travel faster than the speed of light anyway. Relativity anyone?

jagerpirate

--East Coast NV--
Oct 26, 2007
Aberdeen
Ferris Bueller said:
I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me." Good point there. After all, he was the walrus. I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people.
I dont Belive in God, I just belive in me.

Marcus Geezer

Platinum Member
I watched a Horizon type program once where it is said that the theory of the universe expanding/contracting may well end up being mute as far as the continuity of the human race is concerned, as there is only a limited amount of energy in the universe and the cycle of stars being born to create other stars / heavy elements / etc, will end at some point becuase all the ready fuel for stars will be used up. Subsequently end of life as we know it (Jim).

I think it stated that this sterile energy-less universe will happen before the universe begins to contract again ready for the next big bang, but re-assuringly the big bang it will give it a fresh start, and repeatedly so.

Mind hurts when I think of the fact that outside of our universe there is nothing, as surely this nothing must be contained within something else?

Bon

Timmy Nerd
Feb 22, 2006
Birmingham
I think that the bubble within a bubble is how it seems to best, that we live inside a unstable bubble with edges which fluctuate on MASSIVE levels, while trying to get itself to the strongest shape ( a perfect sphere )

Our bubble floats around in the "nothingness" with many other bubbles, and when they bump with each other they merge and make our known universe larger.