Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Universe

ReservoirFrog

Mr. Green
Nov 1, 2008
NW
If I don't get past the second chapter, you will be receiving an invoice for my time ...but lucky for you, I'm a cheap-ass and if it takes me an hour to read those two chapters, the total invoice won't be much past a couple of hundred quid ..... start praying Frog !

One thing though Frog, when I have finished with the book, I am gonna be talking to you in your language ...........I will utter but one word ....'Redddit'

:)
Did you get chance to look at the book Robbo? I've been saving up all week. What's the damage? :confused:

Dicorpo

Feb 17, 2006
Im no expert but I think I know current theory, if anyone knows I'm wrong please point it out:

Our universe, or at least the universe we percieve is a universe of matter. Doing thing fantastically clever that I will never understand, scientists have worked out that our univers's mass is 10% of what it should be. i.e. we can't see 90% of the matter of our universe, hence dark matter, and that's about as much as I know about dark matter.

Now we know due to stellar evidence at the time of the great ionisation (when the suns were first born they let out a radiation so intense it stripped molecules of their electrons, turning the universe into a soup of super charged ionised molecules) that molecules that have charge have a mass, and for every molecule of a certain charge and mass, its opposite exists. i.e. protons and antiprotons, electrons and postirons, helium and antihelium, hydrogen and antihydrogen. These examples of antimatter have all been recreated in laboratories (albeit in MICRO amounts) proving their existance.

So now we know there's a universe of antimatter somewhere. Scientists are again currently doing something very fantastic and complicated to try and detect this antimatter universe, to see if one even exists (something to do with detecting that special radiation i mentioned before).

So there are apparently 2 universes, each are still expanding due to the energy of the big bang, and as Marcus quite rightly put it, there will be a "Big Squeeze" to compliment the "Big Bang". Hopefully this won't be any time soon, by the time it does happen we will have bled ourselves dry and the human race will be dead and gone and faded to dust. Thoguht I'd end on a nice cheery apocalyptic note ;)

RoryM

Jul 23, 2001
Luxembourg now
Visit site
Lets face it, we are human and we have grown up learning that eveything has a limit, an edge, a start followeed by a finish, but in galactic terms, our wee brains just can't get round the general term infinite, which, if correct as the universe is expanding all the time over distances and time scales too great to comprehend .

What I am effectively saying is we are to thick to know.....

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Been reading a book....(Shock! Horror!)
It explains a thing or two about the universe. It's not infinite. As said, it's expanding. But at the same time, you can not simply go to its edge. There is no real edge to it. Rather than reaching the edge of the universe, at some point you end up where you started...

Weird.