Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball Valken Paintball

University fundraising

Discussion in 'The Brain Box' started by shootinropez, Nov 27, 2012.

1. shootinropez Well-Known Member

shootinropez
    Message Count:
    I am at Kent University and an avid paintballer-i get out on the field as and when finance and travel allow.
    There is a small "society" here of about 10-20 people who also play paintball and we have managed to get 5-7 people to start a speedball team. We are planning to play Student cup in March/April, and if that goes well maybe a local tournament series next year.
    Basically for travel, paint, food, jerseys and just everything..we've worked out that we need about £800-£1000 to go to student cup.
    We need to fundraise naturally.

Has anyone got any ideas to do this?
    We have come up with:
    Snap cage (2 students vs each other, student vs paintball player and they can win their money back if they beat one of us, or target shooting)
    Bake sale, clothes sale etc.
    Raffle

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED :D

2. F3Z UWE Paintball

F3Z
    Message Count:
    Another one is to organise some days out/tournament event for other societies and sports at your University. Take a cut off the top as agreed with your local friendly site owner if you can find one. unfortunately Canterbury is a bit of a paintball black hole so might be a tad of a struggle there.

Currently in the process of putting a few things together for the UWE Bristol lads for a bit of fundraising for next year. So if you wanna shares give us a shout.

crumbla146 likes this.
  3. Liam92 #16 Reading Entity

Liam92
    Message Count:
    well the reality is dividing that by 5 or more the cost is £200 max according to your budget. i personally wouldn't even go as far as doing the snap cage because it will cost you in paint which you don't really need to do. something like a simple raffle like you suggested or even just making a fool of yourself down the pub in return for some donations could see you do well.

4. shootinropez Well-Known Member

shootinropez
    Message Count:
    yeah we'd surely be interested F3Z

and cheers for the advice liam..i actually went into the uni today and they said no to snap cages anyway

5. Liam92 #16 Reading Entity

Liam92
    Message Count:
    it seems pretty typical from what students across the country have been saying, the H&S concerns usually mean the universities won't even take the risk and are just saying no.

A bit late now although i would have said it is easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :p

6. shootinropez Well-Known Member

shootinropez
    Message Count:
    haha probably, but better this than expulsion as well :p

7. F3Z UWE Paintball

F3Z
    Message Count:
    Our Uni allowed us to have a snap cage out side the SU, however we did not suggest shooting at people rather just target shooting with reballs. No mess, little chance of injury. We did the same for our freshers fair.

8. shootinropez Well-Known Member

shootinropez
    Message Count:
    i asked for that as well, they just said flat out no, unfortunately