Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

University fundraising

shootinropez

Sep 6, 2012
Kent
I am at Kent University and an avid paintballer-i get out on the field as and when finance and travel allow.
There is a small "society" here of about 10-20 people who also play paintball and we have managed to get 5-7 people to start a speedball team. We are planning to play Student cup in March/April, and if that goes well maybe a local tournament series next year.
Basically for travel, paint, food, jerseys and just everything..we've worked out that we need about £800-£1000 to go to student cup.
We need to fundraise naturally.

Has anyone got any ideas to do this?
We have come up with:
Snap cage (2 students vs each other, student vs paintball player and they can win their money back if they beat one of us, or target shooting)
Bake sale, clothes sale etc.
Raffle

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED :D

F3Z

Mar 17, 2003
Bristol, UK
Another one is to organise some days out/tournament event for other societies and sports at your University. Take a cut off the top as agreed with your local friendly site owner if you can find one. unfortunately Canterbury is a bit of a paintball black hole so might be a tad of a struggle there.

Currently in the process of putting a few things together for the UWE Bristol lads for a bit of fundraising for next year. So if you wanna shares give us a shout.

Reactions: crumbla146

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
well the reality is dividing that by 5 or more the cost is £200 max according to your budget. i personally wouldn't even go as far as doing the snap cage because it will cost you in paint which you don't really need to do. something like a simple raffle like you suggested or even just making a fool of yourself down the pub in return for some donations could see you do well.

shootinropez

Sep 6, 2012
Kent
yeah we'd surely be interested F3Z

and cheers for the advice liam..i actually went into the uni today and they said no to snap cages anyway

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
yeah we'd surely be interested F3Z

and cheers for the advice liam..i actually went into the uni today and they said no to snap cages anyway
it seems pretty typical from what students across the country have been saying, the H&S concerns usually mean the universities won't even take the risk and are just saying no.

A bit late now although i would have said it is easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :p

F3Z

Mar 17, 2003
Bristol, UK
Our Uni allowed us to have a snap cage out side the SU, however we did not suggest shooting at people rather just target shooting with reballs. No mess, little chance of injury. We did the same for our freshers fair.