Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

University Teams

LeeE

Leeds Uni Paintball Club
Jul 9, 2006
Norwich
i've been using a reloader 2 which i've seen going for £20 new on ebay...kept up with a beginner (me) on an ego 06 and is sound activated so seems to last a fair while on batteries, might be worth considering...

NorthIrish

Apr 30, 2005
Bristol
Visit site
as far as i know the reloader 2 is a sound activated revvi (give or take). the egg is still the best, cheap, easy to maintain and keeps up with a ramping ion (should u need it to)

Seriously, get 1.1l bottles. Pure energy do alu ones, that are £75 on www.hamburgerhill.co.uk, only £5 more than the 0.8l. A 0.8l bottle will not be big enough for back players.

With a mask I'd always say to get the best you can afford, or a little better, as this is what comes in closest contact with you during play. Buy cheap gloves and an adequate battle pack, wear plain long sleeved tops with ur team name on them instead of expensive playing tops (good enought for East Coast Irritant) and put the money you saved towards a good, comfortable goggle system. Nothing worse than lenses fogging up or foam pinching your nose during play. You jjust wanna be able to concentrate on eliminating your opponents, not trying to breath or being able to see. Personally, i'll only wear JT.

A.B

London E.C.I 2008 retired
Jul 8, 2002
hampshire uk
seriosuly guys

sack up an find the extra for a composite cylinder on the air system- it'll be a far better purchase and the resale is better too

.68 stu

Student loans-made 4paint
Nov 16, 2005
you wish you knew....
Visit site
If your looking to set up a university team, I would seriously reccomend contacting Syd orMel at Paintball Warehouse (www.paintballwarehouse.co.uk)

I started the University of Gloucestershire Paintball team just over a year ago and they were able to sort us out with a full proto set up (proto matrix, 1.1 5k bottles, reloader 2 hopper, jersey, pants, gloves, proto switch masks, even barrel socks) for a fantastic price. I know portsmouth Uni have done the same.

Seriously, give them a ring and see if they can sort you out. Tell tem you've spoken to Stu from Glos Uni and im sure they can at least give you a quote to work with thats similar or the same to ours.

08453703666 - if theres no answer, leave a message and you'll get a call back usually the same day.

Cheers

Stu

Maddogwhitey

off season boring.
Aug 1, 2005
Aberdeen
www.lips.biz
yeah, id second that, paintball warehouse is mint, I was in there not two days ago. but remeber there are a few other companies out there to choose from. Please correct me if im wrong, but i belive the Panitball warehouse only supports teams who play the NSPL.

warped sports for example is very helpful, and he is currently extending paintdeals to several universities including, Aberdeen, Bham, and the University Barbarians.

slothball as ever is ledgendary as well, phone and chat to him., JAmie can find it and sell it at an excellent price.

But its your choice. my preference for a uni team is not to get too attached to any one supplier. Unless of course its planet doing specalised Barbarians 07 egos, then i would stick to them like a limpet. (black with white highlights please ledz)

no seriously, look around.

tastyweat

May 20, 2007
Southampton
There has been talk for a while about unis getting together and doing a bulk buy of ions. What I am after is interest from other unis, but also a list of other potential equipment we can put on this order, ie invisions or some sort of mask, air time pants...

feel free to pop decisions in here and this is open to all people aswell as unis

My uni has two ions at the moment & I don't like them :p lol

But in all fairness they are good for the cash

.68 stu said:
I started the University of Gloucestershire Paintball team just over a year ago and they were able to sort us out with a full proto set up (proto matrix, 1.1 5k bottles, reloader 2 hopper, jersey, pants, gloves, proto switch masks, even barrel socks) for a fantastic price. I know portsmouth Uni have done the same.
Now that setup's more like it :)

tastyweat

May 20, 2007
Southampton
If your looking to set up a university team, I would seriously reccomend contacting Syd orMel at Paintball Warehouse (www.paintballwarehouse.co.uk)

Seriously, give them a ring and see if they can sort you out. Tell tem you've spoken to Stu from Glos Uni and im sure they can at least give you a quote to work with thats similar or the same to ours.

08453703666 - if theres no answer, leave a message and you'll get a call back usually the same day.

Cheers

Stu
Hey mate,

how did you manage to convice your union to give you funding to buy the kit? Do they pay-for/subsidise paint for you at all?

We're trying to get setup for training & some tournies - but we're struggling funding wise - got any tips?

Cheers

Jon