Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

University Tournment (Happening)

SamH

May 20, 2010
Hi all - just thought I'd say I'm going to be hoping to get a team together for next year's competition (assuming there is one!) for Swansea Met. I'll be holding a stand up at Fresher's Fair hopefully to gather interest. Just thought I'd register so that the organisers know there's a potential team here too.

I'll keep having a browse round, if anyone can email me any rules/regs/costs in the mean time that'd be awesome.

Alll the best, Sam

Uni Paint

Oct 2, 2009
Hi everyone.
Sorry it's been a while since anything has been updated. We do have a couple of possibilities that are being arranged now.
Option 1. Try running a University Teams only event again for the end of August/beginning of September before term starts
Option 2. The Uk Masters are running 2 events at the end of August. 22nd of August at Uttoxeter and 29th August at Bricket Wood. This would be a coalition of University players who which to play together in either of these 2 day events. The UK Masters has very kindly offered a 25% discount for us so it would only be £150 per team instead of £200 per team. Camping for these evenst is free.

I think Option 2 would be better for us as we can get a rough idea of how many people are interested and we get to play alongside people we would be playing against for the rest of the year. Give me some feed back guys and we will make a decision and hopefully see you soon

KU Jim

Sep 28, 2009
Keele, Staffs.
Hey, good to hear from you again.
While I love what you’re doing here and hate myself for saying this here is no serious way you’ll get 16 teams (probably even half that) to turn up at that point in the year. You’d be hard pressed to pick a worse time of year to attract teams to play. Ignoring anything else you’ll have a new generation of executive groups that either don’t know anything about you, aren’t interested in starting up a team or simply don’t have time with the new year approaching. Also if my experience is anything to go by money gets pretty tight just before the start of term.

For what it’s worth if you’re serious about making a permanent league you need to talk to this man: http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/member.php?3838-RICH-HARRIS
Rich has been really good to us this year and has asked about the possibility of setting up a uni league either separate from the Central Premier Paintball Series (CPPS) or simply as a way of separating the scores so that you’ll have a separate score at the end. In addition to this they also run a beginners day prior to each event and these events (with limited paint and a more relaxed atmosphere) would be ideal for getting new players involved without throwing them straight in at the full tournament level.
Currently there are three uni teams participating in the CPPS already with another two thinking about starting next year. That’s to say nothing of B teams.
Mr. Harris is currently in the process of building British tourney ball up to were it was a few years ago and now is the time to get in at the bottom and set up something lasing. There’s a number of different ways that uni teams could get involved from (maybe) one off tournament events to a more lasting arrangement starting with the beginners days. The student teams playing in the CPPS already get similar discounts to those offered by UKM.

In addition to this Rich Harris has what is generally agreed to b the best site in the country and one of the biggest in Europe.

This probably isn't what you want to hear and I'm sorry about that but I really am serious. This is an excellent time for British tourney ball and I can’t urge you enough to get in contact with Mr. Harris and Balls out Promotions. I’m sure he’d be happy to help and I’m also willing to help in any way I can.