Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Unscrewing gas tank.

Skeet

Platinum Member
Ahh ok thanks. Yeah I worked out that it probably was just tight, but it's seriously tight. Mole grips couldn't budge it even a little bit or anything...
So, have you turned on the gun, eyes off and fired it to make sure there is no surplus?

Try putting the reg in a vice (carefully, with protection) or even sit on the bottle on a chair, then twist the gun qucikly, to try and break it free.

Rellizate

Feb 6, 2008
There's definatly no surplus as i've never aired it up. :p When I vice it, part of the tank unscrews not the bit that's connected to the marker though.

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
Okay, your bottle has a regulator on it (the bit that isn't the solid bottle) and if it is as I understand it to be, one half is stuck screwed into your asa and the other is spinning with the bottle. There should be two little allen key screws on the reg (on the half that's screwed into your bottle) if it's anything like mine, and you can try tightening them to make the reg move as one piece. Then unscrew as usual. Definately get an oops if you can, they just make life so much easier and save your threads a lot of wear. Hope that helps

Edit: This thread has what sounds like an identical situation, so you might want to read it through and see if it helps you out
http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=97345

Skeet

Platinum Member
Okay, your bottle has a regulator on it (the bit that isn't the solid bottle) and if it is as I understand it to be, one half is stuck screwed into your asa and the other is spinning with the bottle. There should be two little allen key screws on the reg (on the half that's screwed into your bottle) if it's anything like mine, and you can try tightening them to make the reg move as one piece. Then unscrew as usual. Definately get an oops if you can, they just make life so much easier and save your threads a lot of wear. Hope that helps

Edit: This thread has what sounds like an identical situation, so you might want to read it through and see if it helps you out
http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=97345
Yeah didn't think of that.

Screw it back in so its aligned then tighten the grub screws on it and snap it back (the bottle) to loosen it, then don't screw it in so tight next time, but get an OOPS coz they are wicked.

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
Screw it back in so its aligned then tighten the grub screws on it and snap it back (the bottle) to loosen it, then don't screw it in so tight next time, but get an OOPS coz they are wicked.
quick little aside: My fill nipple points straight up which is a huge pain in the rectum for filling since the marker gets in the way, and I was thinking I could loosen those screws and rotate the collar so it pointed sideways. Can I do that or do those grub screws line up with grooves that mean it HAS to be lined up as it is?

Skeet

Platinum Member
quick little aside: My fill nipple points straight up which is a huge pain in the rectum for filling since the marker gets in the way, and I was thinking I could loosen those screws and rotate the collar so it pointed sideways. Can I do that or do those grub screws line up with grooves that mean it HAS to be lined up as it is?
Put it back how it was. You have springs and pistons inside there, so best not mess with it.

Get yourself an OOPS. Chances are it may not line up in the awkward place any more. If it does, you may be able to swap the fill nipple and gauge around.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff

IT HAS TO.

But you could get someone to swap the fill nipple and the gauge over.