Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Unscrewing gas tank.

chrizwheatley

Northern Baller
Sep 23, 2007
Near Newcastle
To be honest (sorry guys) i wouldnt listern to any advice from a forum on the topic, i would take it to a cometent person and they will show and help you, or get some kind real help, the bottleis the most dangerous part of th whole of paintballing (proven in recent weeks), dont mess on with it or 'try' and fix it, give it to somone who knows what they are doing, ask at you local paintball site see if they can help, if not a dive shop etc, you cannot play with with HPA matey dont take the chance!! :D

Skeet

Platinum Member
To be honest (sorry guys) i wouldnt listern to any advice from a forum on the topic, i would take it to a cometent person and they will show and help you, or get some kind real help, the bottleis the most dangerous part of th whole of paintballing (proven in recent weeks), dont mess on with it or 'try' and fix it, give it to somone who knows what they are doing, ask at you local paintball site see if they can help, if not a dive shop etc, you cannot play with with HPA matey dont take the chance!! :D
What exactly are you suggesting?

Are you suggesting, that people at his local paintball site, might know more about this subject? Are you certain that they will and that he can trust them?

Personally speaking I would advise him not to listen to what you may say on this forum.

After all, at present, he is simply trying to remove the bottle from the gun.

If he believes that there may be a further problem, after said removal...then he can decide what he wants to do.

Where do you think, we forumites get our expansive knowledge from?

Do we pluck it out of the air? This isn't PB Nation you know.

Generally speaking, those people who give advice on these forums, have an idea as to what they are talking about.

Those that don't know, would usually direct an enquiry, to a suitable member.

Obviously, there are some people who do post utter crap on forums, with little knowledge as to what they are suggesting, as you have clearly demonstrated.

These people are often, rapidly corrected by a wiser, often outspoken person, with a propensity to use correct spelling and grammar, as I have clearly demonstrated.

Tom, you and I are both thick and know jack sh!te by the way.:rolleyes:

(Actually, Tom does have a greater knowledge about the intricate workings of air systems than I but this question, did not exhaust my abilities.)

chrizwheatley

Northern Baller
Sep 23, 2007
Near Newcastle
Not even gonna bother to reply with a sensible answer, the guy asked for help going blindly into HPA (or so it aseems) a novice with HPA = a dasaster so i personally would never give any advice other then to ask somone else to do it who is compitand with HPA in this circumstance, skeet i just hope he doesnt screw the reg off and blow himself or his marker threw the wall and then say well the guys on 'the internet' said i shud do it, its as simple as that.

Maybe i am to saftey concious but i would hate to be the major factor in a accedent!!!

chrizwheatley

Northern Baller
Sep 23, 2007
Near Newcastle
"When I try to unscrew it counter-clockwise the top of the gas tank moves instead of where it's screwed in to start with. Is this wrong?"

Basis of my advice :D

Edit:- I in no way questioned anyones advice other then to say if he does know then dont try it. The guy obiously has'nt had as much experiance as you lot and may not understand the reprocusions of unscrewing a reg from a bottle under pressure, plaease dont make a topic of it and please dont encourage him to anything that will endanger himeself or others. Ok yes yours and others advice was sound but in fairness he is far from a 'competant' person to muck on with regs etc, what i just posted in the quote he suggested the bottle was stuck and the reg was coming away from the bottle (if under pressure this is a accedent waiting to happen).

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
I blame internet shops for these situations. When i started in paintball and bought my gear, i was told how to use the equipment i was buying. I was told how to connect the bottle and the problems that could occur.
All they say now is "how are you paying", :mad:.

Rellizate, turn the marker on and shoot it until there's no air left in the bottle, then and only then attempt to remove the bottle. If as you say the last bit of the reg is jammed into the asa and the rest is turning, it would be sensible to get this looked at by a competent person.

On most regs there are two locking grub screws opposite each other that lock this end end cap onto the body of the reg. When the reg is assembled these are usually tightened sufficiently to secure this end cap to the reg, but this isn't always the case. Make sure the reg is correctly screwed into the end cap and tighten the two grub screws, then try to unscrew the whole thing. It would be a good idea to get a grip on the end cap with a good set of pipe grips and use this to remove the air system.

I hope this helps, and if you don't feel confident to sort this, get someone who knows what they're doing to sort it.

evoonline

CPPS Referee 4 Life.
Feb 14, 2007
Rugeley, Staffordshire
Not even gonna bother to reply with a sensible answer, the guy asked for help going blindly into HPA (or so it aseems) a novice with HPA = a dasaster so i personally would never give any advice other then to ask somone else to do it who is compitand with HPA in this circumstance, skeet i just hope he doesnt screw the reg off and blow himself or his marker threw the wall and then say well the guys on 'the internet' said i shud do it, its as simple as that.

Maybe i am to saftey concious but i would hate to be the major factor in a accedent!!!
surely its best he asks rather than just going at it by himself and god forbid the bottle be full and the reg unscrews and kills someone. if in doubt. ASK .. fair enough we arent there in person but we can sure as hell stop someone from getting hurt by covering all the bases first.

Rellizate

Feb 6, 2008
Ok thanks people. Evo yes I am new to owning my own marker, but it doesn't mean I can't unscrew a tank when given correct instructions. I undid the grub screws completly, cleaned out all the swarf from the inside, stuck the top bit of the tank back on (the regulator I think?) tightened the grub screws. And now i'm going to take it to my local paintball site to get it looked at and gassed up and everything.

Thanks.

EDIT: And so an oops is just basically a posh asa then? Correct?

Ali

gunnin down fools in style
Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
ok this is exaclty what happend to me exactly that, there should be two grub screws around the collar tighten those then try and unscrewing it. it worked for me, but once its of undo the grub screws and remove the collar and clean the threads and the inside to romove small metal bits. hope this helps

Rellizate

Feb 6, 2008
Yeah i've done that. I hovered up all the swarf and everything too. Thanks though. The grubs are as tight as possible, but it won't come off at all. Not moving one bit.