Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Unscrewing gas tank.

J@mes

If in doubt, flat out!
Jul 11, 2006
Wakefield, West Yorks.
EDIT: And so an oops is just basically a posh asa then? Correct?
yeah, a OOps (on/off purge system) will allow you to remove the tank with no trapped air in the line/asa. Its probably the first thing you should get for your Ion.

You'll be needing a direct mount OOPS or a OOPS with rail, as the Ion frame doesn't have a dovetail.

-james

Ali

gunnin down fools in style
Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
Yeah i've done that. I hovered up all the swarf and everything too. Thanks though. The grubs are as tight as possible, but it won't come off at all. Not moving one bit.
oh and last thing as lump said to me when i had this problem only fill upto 2k
just to check its all good, then go up to 3k.

Ali

gunnin down fools in style
Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
just to be on the safe side after what happend recently, plus thats what LUMP said to me.

Shadlad

Platinum Member - Lifetime
Aug 16, 2006
Newcastle
Could be that when you put the bottle on you cross threaded the threads. So nothing to do with pressure in the bottle. Did you have problems getting the bottle on to the gun ? Easy way to do in the future to make sure this does not happen is turn marker so barrel is facing to the floor. The part you screw the bottle into facing up, sit the botte on here and gentley turn it. It should thread with the weight of the bottle only and your hand keeping the bottle still. If not clean the thread and remove all dirt from it. Do not put any cleaners on it and make sure the dirt is blown out before re trying.

Does not resolve getting bottle off but helps for future.

Rellizate

Feb 6, 2008
Mmm I guess it could have been, but I took care not to cross the threads, and it didn't feel crossed when I was screwing it in.

Skeet

Platinum Member
Not even gonna bother to reply with a sensible answer, the guy asked for help going blindly into HPA (or so it aseems) a novice with HPA = a dasaster so i personally would never give any advice other then to ask somone else to do it who is compitand with HPA in this circumstance, skeet i just hope he doesnt screw the reg off and blow himself or his marker threw the wall and then say well the guys on 'the internet' said i shud do it, its as simple as that.

Maybe i am to saftey concious but i would hate to be the major factor in a accedent!!!
Well..I wasn't trying to really pi$$ you off, but I was a little out of sorts after reading it.

Also, if you actually read the thread, he has NEVER gassed it up, so there is nothing in there.

Probably part of the reason the reg unscrewed.

Tom is right, people who are after your money are not necessarily interested in giving concise advice.

We have no agenda here and plenty of time and inclination, to ensure that things go well.

Normally, if things appear to be too complicated for someone, then they will be told to take it somewhere, or Tom will suggest they send it to him and he will do it.

Everyone was a novice with HPA at one point, even the guy who runs H-PAC.