Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Up front newbie

pbphil69

Jul 19, 2001
Visit site
I've been working the back of the field for ages and thought i'd have a go at going up front. Does anyone have any good hints or tips for me?

Bunkercide

Jul 18, 2001
Visit site
Learn how to use bunkers as cover while you're running off the break. Stay tight and tell your cover man that if you get bunkered you're going to smash his nuts in a vise.

-Pikachu-

xlii
Jul 17, 2001
make sure you got enough 'balls - I know it sounds obvious but I often see people running out, five minutes into a game 'cos they have no extras....

Oh, make sure you're team know where you are :) Otherwise they may pop one in your back and vary where you pop out of your cover to shoot. Also try to use any holes/cracks in cover to see any movement while your head is down

gilly163

Jul 18, 2001
Visit site
There was a good article about breaking out for the front or back player. All of the points in the article made alot of sense and helped me alot in our tourny last weekend. Even though we didnt win it, it did improve my skills.

chris

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
I would say another major point is to keep your gun shouldered and ready unless you're crawling...you have to be ready to pop someone coming by, around, or over you at any instant or you miss crucial eliminations and often receive some nasty shots.

Listen out for what your back players are telling you. Within a half second or less they can spot someone you've got a better shot on than they do and tell you when they're up enough to get some paint on them. Often you're up in tight so much that you can only watch paint sail over your head until backs point out what you can destroy. DO THE BUSINESS QUICKLY AND STAY ALIVE.

Dan 2

Jul 16, 2001
Jersey
www.dur.ac.uk
Learn to snap shoot well with both hands... I can't do this very well but I intend to correct the problem... If you can pop out fire one or two accuate shots and get back in before the paint has a chance to reach you then you will do well. I can do the pop out and pop in quite well, but I can't hit anything until after about 20 goes. I'm going to do a lot of drills to try and improve that...

Mark Toye-Nexus

Rushers
Jul 18, 2001
Sarf London
Up Front

Dan 2 and killer onion have it stitched

Learn to snap shoot effectively with both hands and listen to your back players.

ALSO

Tell them what you need from them - just as important.

Don't just sit and shoot yer gun. Do some good looking, listening and thinking. Too many front players make the mistake of playing the game (shooting) instead of looking to time a move that could break or win the game. Chances go begging when your pulling the trigger.

Get up front and live!!

Mark

IM_FILTHY_RICH

Jul 25, 2001
yeah

I learned a thing from the expensive price of paint to shoot sparingly. dont give away your position by rackin off 150 rounds at somthing u thought u saw move expecially if the opponent doesnt see you or even have a clue dont shoot untill u get a nice shot then you can LIGHT HIM UP :p

cockerguy

Dec 15, 2001
CANADA!!!
Visit site
tips for front players

Okay for lets rock:

- for starters pick the bunker you're going to before time. when the horn goes break for that bunker as fast as you can keep your head down and your gun at your side. Don't even bother trying to shoot until you're in your bunker u'll just get eliminated. If you find yourself getting eliminated on the way to your bunker try this: you stop for a split second on your way to your bunker so that they have to move there guns to meet you instead of just waiting with their guns in one spot till u cross there path. After a split second take off at full tilt. They'll have one hell of a time trying to eliminate you.

- Play tight. don't pop out to much and don't keep popping out in the same place. If they don't know where you are wait a minute or so until things cool down and the pop up and catch them with their asses in the breeze. if you get pinned try a snap shot, u should be close enough that accuracy wont matter too much

- when things start too cool down edge your way back 3-4 feet from your bunker. that way you can see anything on the field quite easily and quickly but if u move an inch in one direction they can't hit you. this one takes some practice.

- if you see a threat to your team (a major threat) dont be afraid to bunker his ass. maybe if your lucky he wont see you and u can make it to another bunker before you get shot

- dont forget to push. the further you push the more boxed in your opponent gets which is helpful near the end of the game.

- if your team is down to a 2-1 or 3-1 its worth the sacrifice to risk getting eliminated if you can bunker that one guy out. remember you may have gotten eliminated but you'll be remembered as the guy who won the game.

- near the end of the game try and make an all out push is the odds are in your favour. with some luck your team'll catch them by surprise and you'll have a couple leftover to make the flag hang

- if your about to get eliminated try and eliminate the guy who's gonna get you out for a mutual elimination. If you play this right, even if he shot you slightly before you shot him the refs will normally give it to you.

- learn to shoot with both hands equally. THis is very, very important

- one point about being up front, ur gonna get eliminated a lot and you're gonna get some killer welts

- remember the three golden rules play agressive, play tight, and don't get bunker'd

Hope this helps (yeah i know its a little long and wordy)