Super Robeenio
Dec 4, 2002
Staying warm on a sunday!
only ups i have on my ion are

check it direct mount
delrin trigger cos the original snapped after about 400,000 shots in 8 months
qev
barrel

trust me man! the way you set up an ion is important!

a lot of people go ooooh i must need this i must need that...

ive still got a standard board in mine and believe me it rips!

old style shockers are a pain in the ass to maintain especially with SDS (shocker death syndrome) lurking about, hence why most of the team have moved over to ions

id get the ion over the shocker in my honest opinion

the new generation shockers......... now thats another matter
new ND shocker feels hella good, shoots very nicely and has had significant upgrades made to make them more reliable and more efficient.

Robeenio

Super Robeenio
Dec 4, 2002
Staying warm on a sunday!
I believe it's a random afliction some shockers seem to pick up, after which that they never work properly again :rolleyes:
as the main man has just said!

there are various stages of SDS

accute stage 4 SDS means that your shocker is now just an expensive paper weight!

its an airborne virus that can be passed on by touch between guns and sexually transmitted when you swap pieces etc!

all efforts are being put into finding a cure, but its a tricky bugger!

sie2050

WCK Killa
Oct 11, 2004
swansea, wales, uk
Visit site
hmmmm dunno wat you guys are talking about but my shocker has never given me a problem i think the reason some people get probs is because they get the gun rip off bits and bobs and continue to add stuff to it without knowing how the hell the thing works and the ion and shocker are 2 different guns ion uses that blow forward or watever while shockers are spool valve so they both shoot differently i would take the shocker over the ion anyday simply because i know how it works and i know that it works the way i want it too, simple its all presonal prefference
my advice go and try both then decide no point buying a gun that you will end up hating
-si-

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk
hmmmm dunno wat you guys are talking about but my shocker has never given me a problem i think the reason some people get probs is because they get the gun rip off bits and bobs and continue to add stuff to it without knowing how the hell the thing works and the ion and shocker are 2 different guns ion uses that blow forward or watever while shockers are spool valve so they both shoot differently i would take the shocker over the ion anyday simply because i know how it works and i know that it works the way i want it too, simple its all presonal prefference
my advice go and try both then decide no point buying a gun that you will end up hating
-si-
I think both are spool value markers mate.

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk
Sorry to continue to disagree but:

http://www.zdspb.com/tech/mguide/ion/parts_body_design.html

Says:

Design Definitions:
Put simply, this is how the marker operates. When the bolt moves forward, air passages within will become open (the grooves around the middle section of the bolt), which allows air to expand down the barrel and fire the ball. When the bolt is retracted backward, said air passages become closed again, and the marker waits until fired again. The bolt is driven forward by the same air pressure that fires the ball; the bolt is moved open by the solenoid.
This type of design is generally referred to as a spool valve firing mechanism. This describes a one-piece moving part (the bolt) which also functions as the valve for the marker. This is significantly less complicated than the traditional stacked-tube design that many previous markers utilize.