Oct 29, 2006
Stalybridge(manchester, uk)
Now..

Ive got a ion with:
Ndz Wave aluminium trigger
Ndz Donut
contract killer Hybrid grips
Shocktech feedneck
Dynasty body kit to match the colours (all gloss blue)

Im looking for upgrade's, i was thinking of:
New reg?
New Board?
New Barrel?
Qev eventually
New bolt

What would you reccomend???? as these are the sort of upgrades i dont know much about..

spsimon

Manchester Firm OG
Oct 9, 2006
a new barrel
something like a freak barrel or ultralite

and also a lucky bolt
-simon

mewwy

Dec 21, 2006
The most obvious board people would suggest is the Blackheart, but i've heard better things about the Tadao Raider board. thats about all i can give you an answer for. my ion's still sat in the box waiting for a paypack big enough to beef it up :p

mew

shiftizzle

"bonus balls are us"
Sep 18, 2006
hemel hempsteead oooo love it
[

Im looking for upgrade's, i was thinking of:
New reg?
New Board?
New Barrel?
Qev eventually
New bolt

in order of appearance.....
CP regulator
Black heart or vision
freak back with all american front
try not to get a smart parts QEV there not really that reliable
SP firebolt or lucky stages 1,2,3 if you wana really go the extra yard

:D Happy hunting mate

Robeenio

Super Robeenio
Dec 4, 2002
Staying warm on a sunday!
ok it seems that you have gone for bling over function first...

hmmm interesting! lol

right..

how about you get a new barrel first as that will improve your chances of hitting someone while they are going... oooooh look at that shiney ion i suggest something like a freak or a lucky unitec

next up make sure you have a decent set up on the bottom line.
something which enables you to turn the air on and off and purge any air left in the macroline always helps.(remember the reg still holds a shot after air released)
now by having a nice set up i mean something which fits snuggly into your shoulder and you have the gun at arms length with your face near the back of the gun. this will imnprove your positioning and you wont look a flid while having your gun at silly angles trying to shoot laser beams of 85bps
this all depends on how you are built and your overall size so try a few set ups out screwing your bottle into them each time.

next up a QEV will keep you in good stead as this will increase the performance of your gun and air efficiency. it will also make your gun snappier when you fire it and give it that little bit more punch. it will also aid in shooting at high rate of fire

have those 3 items first then think about anything else afterwards as the standard board is a lot better than people think.

ive had my ion for about 16months played with it on average 3 times a week shot close to about 3/4 of a million rounds. and ive taken it apart twice

my list of upgrades in order

Bottom line (1)
Freak barrel (1)
delrin blade trigger (cos it was a replacement for snapped standard trigger) (2)
QEV (3)
easy on button (3)*

nothing else. and thats kept me shooting suckas over europe and div1 PA

dont worry about what the funk you look like to other people. get a decent set up that fits nicely with you and then spend the rest of your money training to shoot the people that are too busy spending their money on the shiney things!

*numbers are times when given to the gods at warped ion centre to do something to it. (1) was when i first bought it.