Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ups for ion:

J@mes

If in doubt, flat out!
Jul 11, 2006
Wakefield, West Yorks.
hey guy's,

i just got myself a ion and atm is completly stock apart from a q-lock, so to make the ion into a decent marker, what up's do i need, atm i'm looking at:

performance:

cp rake trigger
360 qev
all american barrel
check it uni-mount

looks:
hybrid grips
shocktech body kit/Powerlyte 6.5

i.m not wanting to spend stupid amounts or get anything like a virtue board for it( not worth in really).

do you guys think i need anything thing else??

thanks
james

A

ash22

you should get a T-board they are cheaper and better than a virtue board

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk
hey guy's,

i just got myself a ion and atm is completly stock apart from a q-lock, so to make the ion into a decent marker, what up's do i need, atm i'm looking at:

performance:

cp rake trigger
360 qev
all american barrel
check it uni-mount

looks:
hybrid grips
CP trigger is a good one.
& again QEV
Get a CP barrel (£30 from lips) they are very good especialy for the money

Check it uni mounts are okay but are a pain if you need to take it off (as you have to remove the elbow each time) I'd go for a CP or Planet OOPS

looks:
hybrid grips
There is less than no point! Hybrid grips are much less comfy than stock and just present to opertunity to destroy your noid and they are a pain in the ass to clean.

The ST body kit makes the marker slightly heavier and scratches easily. Where as you can drop the stock one no worries. Hybrid grips are £20 new and the body kit is about £65? so 2/3 of the cost of your marker for a detremental effect? Realy not worth it IMHO

Fish

CF6
May 15, 2006
Central London
or, you could go for the better one, and get the virtue as originally stated, or, get the new tadao raider board :)

new bolt is needed...

new feedneck...

maybe a membrane pad too

*edit* maybe i didn't read the first post so well... anyways, decypher from that what you will :D *edit*

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk
Regarding QEVs for IONs in general: What is the point in them ? My ION with a stock firing assembly will do 20BPS, which is more than fast enough. So what extra gains can you get from them other than wrecking your buffer O-Ring ?
I though the ION was capped, either the firing capability or board will not let it fire above 17 bps. So I don't think yours will ;)

It lets you drop your dwell and vents the air faster allowing the bolt to cycle faster using less air. So quite a bonus.

yngndrw

Jul 23, 2006
Southport, UK
I though the ION was capped, either the firing capability or board will not let it fire above 17 bps. So I don't think yours will ;)
It is, but there are ways around it. ;) (Thanks again Paul)

An stock ION with just an aftermarked board should be able to easily do 20BPS.

Regardless, cheers for clearing that up for me. :)