Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Urban paintball

EELZ

never a trading complaint
Oct 29, 2003
wrexham
urban building

there's a site in rednal called RPA. they have an old communications tower on their site (ex-R.A.F airfeild) 3 floors and 15 rooms in it with cars and bunkers around suituated on the outskirts of a wood with fortress's in it.

the guys there are cool and although they don't do walk-ons they have said to my mates that they can use the site with there own equipment when its quiet. (no air there though)

might be worth you giving them a ring, the sites by Oswestry near shrewsbury.

might try and get them to organise walk-ons myself.small but very good site.

EELZ.

bedukang

what's the plan then

well, who's going to be serious about this then ? My mates & I are definitely up for that.... we just need someone to seriously organise it....

imagine for this december just before the new year... urban paintball ....

ps. I'm based in London

Ben

Jumped Up Newbie
Ok, heers tha plan then...

Just start posting if you know about any large industrial sites, quarry's, disused factories etc. that are around your area (and like everyone has at least one in each town) then a few of us can recce it up then set up a big game. Simple. Just need to find this damn venue then

The only thing is we obviously won't be able to get permission from the armed forces, met etc. because in paintball things tend to get...errr...completely covered in paint, which is obviously not ideal for someones new multi-million facility (which is probably in constant use anyway). So i guess we'll have to just renegade it and all turn up without permission and hope no one else get wind ... or the good news in the face with a stray paintball.

One idea i do have though, is that when sandhurst, the MET etc. conduct riot training, they always appeal to the locals to come and act as an unruly crowd. If, someone could get in touch with one of these then we could bargain us being an unruly crowd to help with training then get to use the facility for a day. Just an idea anyway

paintordie

Banned
Oct 27, 2003
hertfordshire
Visit site
Well i live in wgc and theres hundreds of sites (some disused). erm lets see theres the old pollycel factory hasnt been used in ages but in a bit of a state thats the best one i can thing of but ill have a look around for more :D this could be a great thing:D

bedukang

do we really need insurance?

well, the thing is do we really need insurance ? I've seen a couple of videos of paintballers in the states playing paintball in their backyard (large) & local forests... and disused buildings. it's more like an organised impromptu thing

TROG_1

Somewhere near you?
Oct 18, 2002
Chester ish
Visit site
And if a local passerby gets hit in the face, cos they had the same idea about going for a walk with the dog on the site at around about the same time you guys decide on a paintball day, who pays the compensation? Sorry to piss on ya bonfires a bit, but aren't we, as decent ballers trying to stay away from the dodgy side of paintball? Now, impromptu days in the states are a little different, cos just look how much space they have and how few people per square metre there are over there. Slightly different than over here. And if something does happen, then the authorities have got a good case to ban/restrict the ownership of markers. I mean, would you need to contact the local police to tell them what you were doing, so that if anyone reports it, firearms squads don't turn up? Just some thoughts........

Chopper Mozart

Oct 3, 2003
Sheffield
www.thewildgeese.co.uk
I'd say that pretty much hits the proverbial nail on the head.... Insurance is the biggie.

I posted earlier in this thread for an existing site operator to give their thoughts on this, and while it is possible that none of them have read it, I'd guess that there is something about the safety or business issues that makes this whole urban thing unattractive.

So - on the one hand, it seems that there may be a gap in the market, but on the other hand I wouldn't want to bet my shirt on it. Further thoughts anyone?