Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Urban paintball

mutley

scaba frashin mnnnn
Oct 29, 2003
lurking around surrey
Visit site
i feel that i have to agree with chopper and trog 1 if this event happens we need to keep the public out just on health and safty grounds and who wants to spend time in prison just for a days paintballing any takers didnt think so. it needs o be properly orginised and insured just in case. i know most ballers are responsible but lets just remember guys at the end of the day we are are p*ssing around with guns we call them markers but they do fire projectiles. if this gets properly orginised i would love to come but if its just a mess around on a piece of wast land no. and just to make a point anyone remeber that some one shot at david blaine with a marker what happend the bloke got arrested by the old bill.
Sorry to rant but lets make it safe

Darkwerks

Oct 27, 2001
London
Visit site
I suspect the insurance may well be the problem.
Paintball fields are probably insured for the site itself and so playing anywhere other than at the site wouldn't be covered.
:(

Wouse101

Rhymes with 'HOUSE'!!
Oct 14, 2003
york
Visit site
I think there is (or was maybe) a 1960 butlins holiday site, long since demolised, between scarbrough and bridlington! looked kinda cool for paintballing from the road.

mutley

scaba frashin mnnnn
Oct 29, 2003
lurking around surrey
Visit site
just had a fantastic idea if we can get this site escape from butlins game, in the style of escape for new york and escape from L A . maybe with a team of snake pliskins, any one got any hang gliders :D

Chopper Mozart

Oct 3, 2003
Sheffield
www.thewildgeese.co.uk
Originally posted by Wouse101
I think there is (or was maybe) a 1960 butlins holiday site, long since demolised, between scarbrough and bridlington! looked kinda cool for paintballing from the road.
Sounds like fun, but if the buildings are at all visible from the road, then I'd guess a huge amount of perimeter netting would be needed to protect Joe public and his car...

Good idea though - from the urban paintball I've played in the past, I definitely prefer playing within a number of buildings rather than one huge one.

Ben

Jumped Up Newbie
Ok, as far as i can see there have been some people who really are getting into this idea of just turning up to a site and playing paintball, which I think is really great that people just wan to try to help out the community of rec-ballers.

But also, the people who point out the issue of insurance are performing a service as well because as we all well know, if you get the good news with a marker and your not wearing any protection, then there will be probs. :eek:

But, i reckon that we could sort out this issue by all emailing our local councils and actually asking for permission to possibly use some disused land, that we all seem to know about - i have already done so with mine and have been sure to point out that the sport is rapidly growing, with hundreds of people potentially wanting to come and use these sites, without having to pay extortianate amounts to use a paintball site etc.

If it was up to me however, i would just find a great site, away from most people, and turn up with about a hundred other rec-ballers, after setting up a simple website that advertised/organised it. I mean, fifteen years ago (if pballing had been so prominent) then we would need to do very little in the way of red tape and could just go at the drop of a hat when we wanted to, to something like this. In my opinion we should all just do something like this and see how it turns out, maybe see if we can get a local field to sponsor us with things like CO2 etc.;) :D

securitypunk

Sep 14, 2003
my house.....duh
there is an old dairy farm (abandoned) it has all sorts of things there like buildings, sheds, troghs, walls etc. i think it's owned by a sweedish person but no-one uses it. it's between southampton and lymington.