Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

US team caught out for cheating, and banned from 2 leagues.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
So LA Wildcards, basically gamed the ID card system and played at Div 5 for soooooooo long. Just got caught.

NXL made a statement, and Mike Hinman of WCPPL.

Today has been a rough day for the sport of paintball as we all know it. We have shined light into the dark corners of the game. And we now see some of our weakness as a league and furthermore as a sport. Yesterday we exposed what is being said to be a illegal roster but in all reality was systemic cheating from the team captain all the way down. -All players on the La Wildcards roster for the 2021 season will be banned for no less then the remainder of the 2021 and the full 2022 season. Unless compelling evidence can be shown that would otherwise cause the league to reconsider this punishment. -La Wildcards will no longer be allowed to compete in WCPPL. Time period is indefinite. I write this with a heavy heart. Why….? Because while we focus on the cheating and arrogant parties associated with this mess, I stop and think of the hundreds of players that lost to a team full of cheaters that intentionally set out to win in the absolute lowest level of the sport we love. This is a division that everyone should be rallying around to support and mentor these young players as they learn and start to understand what the game of tournament paintball is all about. The WCPPL’s core principals will never change! Our league that we all have built is here to serve the players. We as a community have agreed to a set of rules. And those rules must be enforced to the best of our abilities. As we move forward I must reiterate that if any team is caught using a illegal roster in the future, the punishment will be no less severe then what has been handed out today. We all make choices, just remember that those choices have consequences. Please feel free to comment. Mike

Big oof, but literally something that was turned into a paintball meme. Everyone knew this was going down, so happy to see if was addressed. Trosen banned them from NXL and Hinman banned them from WCPPL.

James ECI

UK Woodland Masters
Jul 31, 2007
Kent
Its probably the right thing to do but whats gunna happen now...

If i played national / bigger events and got a ban, what would i do? Go bag on smaller regional events?

I guess the biggest issue with paintball, because you pay so much to be there - its a hard stand point to have to take but overall its a good message the NXL is sending.

Reactions: Spikerz