Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Using old Regs

sam_burr

Oct 18, 2004
Grimsby
I've recently got back in to paintball after a long hiatus. i've got an old reg and tank, the tank is past it's death date. Is it worth removing and reusing the reg, or is it just easier to buy a new one. The reg has been entirely unused for 10 years or so.

sam_burr

Oct 18, 2004
Grimsby
Thanks, i sort of assumed so. I stripped it down and have ordered a full set of burst disks, fill nipple and a gauge. Seemed clean enough inside. I'm fairly certain its preset to 450psi, its an old LP Angel air reg, only thing i could find online says it was set to that.

k4p84

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2009
www.paintballskirmish.co.uk
Thanks, i sort of assumed so. I stripped it down and have ordered a full set of burst disks, fill nipple and a gauge. Seemed clean enough inside. I'm fairly certain its preset to 450psi, its an old LP Angel air reg, only thing i could find online says it was set to that.
I think you have ID'd something a bit off, Angel AIR regs don't use standard fill valves / guages / burst disks and where adjustable.

Ensure if you have taken an air system reg apart is to use the correct lubes and NEVEER EVER out any oil near them.

sam_burr

Oct 18, 2004
Grimsby
It's not the angel AIR that most would be familiar with, i have attached some pics. Looks fairly standard to my non-expert eyes.

Attachments

Cube

M2Q'd eblade or the LV1...decisions, decisions
May 4, 2002
Warrington
It's not the angel AIR that most would be familiar with, i have attached some pics. Looks fairly standard to my non-expert eyes.
Looks like a Pure Energy Reactor that someone has put Angel jewels on to me, I scrapped three of them for spares as once they started leaking nothing I could do would stop them.

sam_burr

Oct 18, 2004
Grimsby
Looks like a Pure Energy Reactor that someone has put Angel jewels on to me, I scrapped three of them for spares as once they started leaking nothing I could do would stop them.
A Quick google suggest you are spot on with the pure energy. I guess if it leaks, i'll bin it and get a ninja.

k4p84

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2009
www.paintballskirmish.co.uk
Did some more digging, these where marketed by WDP but are a rebranded Pure Energy reg. We all learned something !

Once you take the bonnet off there are only like 2 - 3 orings if I recall, 1 to seal around the pin, two on the piston. They where likely urethane orings, just clean of any rubbish, lube with dow33 and reassemble, if the orings are perished (unlikely) you could substitute buna 90 duro, 70s would likely leak under that amount of pressure. The only other sealing surface was a reg seat but that is a pressed in part but is something like 95 duro so is pretty hard to damage. As you say your swapping the disks (note which is which, high / low), valve and gauge. Use some thread tape or sealant on those even though they are tapered threads and see how you get one.