The Home Of European Paintball

Vanguard Demon - issues

WildWayz

The Moose God
Dec 19, 2004
Batley, Near Leeds
paintball.moose-shack.com
Hi guys

Today I took my brand new Demon to the site to put 3500 balls through her to help break her in. I was using a 68/4500 bottle with a Ninja reg with all shims removed, so operating at 450psi and I put the .689 barrel on the marker.

I went to the chrono and shot some balls which were chronoing at 150psi - balls were pretty much running out the barrel some times. Weird as it felt 'snappy' when dry firing it.
So I increased the hpr and it was shooting 280 give of take +/- 4fps.

I shot 5 pots through her and had 1500psi left so I thought i'd under bore (putting the .685 barrel on) this baby a bit and see how she does. I put the barrel on and it was shooting 150psi again. Weird. So I took the barrel off and put the .689 back on. Same. So I increased the pressure and suddenly air was pissing out the HPR adjustor AND the grip frame.

Turning it down made no difference. I turned the air off and went back to the safe area and took apart the HPR. Low and behold, one 007 o-ring had been shredded so I replaced all 3 007 to be safe.

Aired up and now the HPR was fine, but the air was still pissing out the grip/trigger area. Air off again.

Now I am starting to think - solenoid. Did I some how blow it? I tried winding the HPR all the way in (like on the Creed / Clone VX) thinking it would shut the air off and no pressure would go to the bolt - nope, air pissing out both HPR and grip again.
Air off.

Tried again but opening up the HPR to see if it seals due to lack of pressure - nope - when cycling, the air is VERY hard on the hand - never getting week. It is making a puff sound, then BANG, then puff puff BANG etc

Now, I don't have any spares yet - they are on the way as they were missed out accidently - and my large spares kit hasn't come yet either. I DO have some o-rings but not ALL needed for the Demon. I also have a spare solenoid from a Creed here, and some gaskets.

Any suggestions here? I don't want to overpressure anything so please can someone talk me through completely zeroing out the HPR so it is weak, but not leaking. I have no reg tester either.

I tried calling VG but it is Saturday - also cheekily I tried calling Martin's mobile but no answer (dont blame him, it is the weekend).

Garideon

Sep 24, 2011
Hi mate, its not the solenoid, the noid can take alot of beating, if its puffing then its the little QEV diaphram that needs replacing

foot

Now I originate.............
Jan 6, 2009
Crystal lake
Take the manifold off and check the gasket, make sure its seated correctly.

When you screw the manifold back down do middle, top then bottom screws in that order.

Hi mate, its not the solenoid, the noid can take alot of beating, if its puffing then its the little QEV diaphram that needs replacing
Correct, the diaphragm may look intact but if your getting the above issues change it out and dont lube it when putting it in.

Garideon

Sep 24, 2011
When i ever overpressurised mine after upping the velocity too much, i turned the velo screw down, aired it up and while it was leaking i fired a shot and it stopped it for leaking.

Also take the can out and check every oring on both in and out.

If you take the manifold out there was also an oval oring that mine leaked from

Garideon

Sep 24, 2011
Look at the side of the manifold there should be a metal plug, there should be a tiny hole under the noid, pop a pick in the hole and push the metal plug out

foot

Now I originate.............
Jan 6, 2009
Crystal lake
Alas - no replacement diapragms yet - spares kit hasnt come :)

Would the diagram cause the leak down the top grip frame?

How can I stop it causing issues when re-airing it up?

Check the puk in the reg, it may have been unseated, this will cause you leaks from the gripframe.