Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Vanguard Demon - issues

Garideon

Sep 24, 2011
Lol yeah the qev is like a condom :p always carry spares when playing with a demon

WildWayz

The Moose God
Dec 19, 2004
Batley, Near Leeds
paintball.moose-shack.com

did243

Luxe/GOG Tech
Feb 17, 2012
have had the same problems matey, pisses air out of the trigger/top of grip frame, sending it off next week as i've checked every o ring and replaced the even slightly mangled ones!

WildWayz

The Moose God
Dec 19, 2004
Batley, Near Leeds
did - did you take the bonnet off of the reg (silver part which attaches to the body)? There are some o-rings there... the smallest one stops air leaking to the solenoid/grip area - change that.

Brilliant video on it:

Gonna try it tonight - and replace that Diaphragm.

WildWayz

The Moose God
Dec 19, 2004
Batley, Near Leeds
Issue has been fixed!!! :D

There were a few issues going on here...

Air Down The Velocity Adjustor
Replaced torn 007 o-ring in the velocity adjustor in the HPR.

Air Out of Top Grip Frame
Took out HPR bonnet that attaches to the body. Replaced the 611 o-ring with a 012 (I had no 611 o-rings).
Also had to replace both the 017 and 018 o-rings too, as air was blowing down the top of the HPR.

Marker Not Cycling - Puffing Instead.
Replaced the diaphragm.

I also serviced the HPR - re-lubed it all. Unfortunately no DOW55 yet so used Smart Parts Greese (looks like Dow33).

Aired up the marker and it is nice and snappy. Unfortunately, for some reason my chrono isn't picking up the reading when I shoot re-balls indoors. Not sure why - in a light room though. Was fine last night when I was testing my Empire Sniper out with the reballs - but was in a different room..

I am on-call this week, but will nip over to my local site and try some paint and their radar...

But PHEW - I have learnt SO much about this marker and I am GLAD it died on me, as now I can fix it in the field :)

Last edited:

foot

Now I originate.............
Jan 6, 2009
Crystal lake
Issue has been fixed!!! :D

Air Out of Top Grip Frame
Took out HPR bonnet that attaches to the body. Replaced the 611 o-ring with a 012 (I had no 611 o-rings).
my plan worked then?

Got the 611's so expect a package soon.

renie

Mar 2, 2008
Nothing worse when a new marker goes wrong, Nice to see you fixed it yourself :) most people don't even try :)