Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Vanguard Gone? what about my Creed?

Sirdogbert1

Apr 24, 2011
I pulled my Paint ball kit out to clean after year + to hopefully get it all ready to start playing again.
Headed to the internet for some service parts and Vanguard appear to have gone from what my search's produced.
Does anyone know of any alternative O-Ring kits that have all the rings and the best lube/oil/grease I need to service it?
Last time I dropped it off with vanguard somewhere near Birmingham area and they sorted it for me but they are long gone :( .
Regarding the other parts how often am I likely to have to replace anything else in the gun? at which point the gun will really be useless won't it?

Thanks for any help.

Sirdogbert1

Apr 24, 2011
Thanks
In my browsing around I noticed him around a lot regarding Vanguards, was hoping he would notice this, thanks for pointing it out.

foot

Now I originate.............
Jan 6, 2009
Crystal lake
Hello @Sirdogbert1
Vanguard UK closed in 2012 and all stock and parts was shipped to the U.S.
Parts are becoming hard to come by now as both deon and creed use British standard orings aswell as metric and not many stockists have the correct ones.

What parts do you need?

Sirdogbert1

Apr 24, 2011
That's a gutter, it was handy because when I bought it, I took it down to them and they sorted the eyes out and serviced the gun for me, they were great with me too, especially considering I had bought the gun off here "Second Hand" and they informed me that it had actually been thrown together from "skip parts" and didn't have a serial stamp on it. luckily they stamped it up for me and didn't refuse to give it back.
in fact they told me it seamed to shoot better because it hadn't been anodized..

Well I was wondering what I may need to replace considering it has been sat under my stairs for good while, I didn't want to air it up until I had checked and greased the o-rings and didn't want to start taking it apart till I had replacements. I'm guessing just full set of O-Rings and lube, but any advise would be great?

I'm assuming the other parts should all be ok.

foot

Jan 6, 2009
Crystal lake
I would look to change all seals inc gaskets, detents and maybe the transfer tube too as they can become brittle with age, other than that you should be fine.
Eyes can play up but are easily fixed, same as the solenoid, the battery is the only real pain to get sorted as they are hard to come by, Maplins can make you a pack up the the grip frame needs some tweaking for the new cells to sit correctly.

If you plan on keeping the creed for the foreseeable stock up on orings and gaskets.

Sirdogbert1

Apr 24, 2011
great stuff, thanks for the help, will get on the hunt.
The battery has charged luckily so hopefully will hold together, I'm hoping to keep it going for a year or two and I if get back in to regular games will look at replacing it around then.
Any recommendations for grease/oil/lube? as i currently have none.

foot

Jan 6, 2009
Crystal lake
The lube I found worked best was the silicon grease that was applied at the factory on both lpr and hpr, it would stay put for ages and kept the orings supple. And just plain gun oil for the ram and bolt.
I have a few pots of oil and I think I may have a pot of grease too.

Keep away from hater sauce and cinnamon butter as they seemed to gum up the solenoid.

Sirdogbert1

Apr 24, 2011
That's great thanks.
hopefully I'll hit the required postings sometime this weekend without spamming the place and I'll check out your listings...
I've seen few parts but o-rings, no other gun seams to use such a large variety of sizes...
luckily I saved the PDF's of o-ring chart and which one goes where.