Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

ver feed vs right feed playing styles

jynxfactor

Jan 23, 2002
Anchorage AK
Visit site
Does anybody out there still prefere right feed on guns or has everybody become style consiouse and use Vert feeds.

And do you notice that you have adoptid a different style of play and shooting techneques

(my spelling sucks I know but at least I can admit it)

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
I haven't ever owned a right feed gun myself. Only my most recent gun, my Cocker, is vert feed...the others were powerfeed. I liked powerfeed particularly well with my Shocker because I also used air assist with it, which made for awesome feeding from any angle. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it made my gun too tall unless I angled it and sat it lower on my shoulder. I could do it and do it well, but if I wasn't paying attention it would add 6 inches to the overall hight of my gun. It was because of the size of it and the weight that made me want to be a back player, but because of the balance it afforded I stayed a back player and found I could be successful at it, and I learned it so that's where I stayed. It did teach me to lean all at once to keep my whole sight picture and body aligned correctly so I could aim steadily and switch targets easily.

With vertical feed and a low rise like on my Cocker, my hopper sits a lot lower. I'm not as impaired at switching hands and side of the bunker quickly and I tend to lean a little less farther down, only at the waist rather than with my hips as well, but that again depends on the bunker in question, where the angles are, and how many other people there are to shoot at at the time. I can't tilt as much unless I use a Warp feed because then the balls will roll back out the low rise and since I'm not using a Shocker or an Angel I don't have air assist, gated feed (Mega props to John Rice on that idea...even though a lot of people don't see the idea initially, I listened to his interview and must say that is brilliant.) or suction timing to get them back in. Oh well, like anything, tradeoffs are there.

Micah

I like RF, My cocker is still RF, I'm trying to find a nice replacement body that is RF. I don't really know why I like RF, I keep breaking elbows when I crash into bunkers. Maybe I just like it because it's not trendy, and I don't like trendy things ... I'm a disgrase to paintaballers the world over I know ...

-Micah

Mysteriousmoose

The moose you never see
Jan 18, 2002
Tallahassee Florida
Visit site
Hell naw. It doesn't really matter that much, as long as you don't hang out real far when you snap shoot there isn't much difference. I played with an old skool right feed cocker for a while and then I switched to a vert feed and it wasn't that much of an adjustment. Now I have a warp feed micromag and yes warp feed does rule and yes it does take a little while to get used to it. Once your are used to it it makes you wonder how you ever played without one.