Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

View the Earth from outta space :)

Skeet

Platinum Member
Originally posted by Robbo
I would like to know how they got those persepctive shots from intergalactic space when we can just about get our ass outside our solar system ...... makes ya think don't it :)

Now if you really wanna get fcuked up, go read some quantum theory and throw any Newtonian mechanic books staight into the dustbin ...... if you truly understand Quantum theory then trust me on this next point, you must suffer from some severe mental condition.

Hmm...well...if you can view the light from an area of space 100 Million miles from Earth, for example...then...the view back, from 100 Million miles, beyond that, will be the same, only flipped left to right...so I imagine that may have something to do with it.:D

I really wanna look at Quantum theory now...just to see how ferked up I get!

trenzo

Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
would be better if it zoomed into the earth than your house then you sat at your computer watching the screen. though i would go paranoid and rap myself in foil

Mark790.06

Apr 2, 2003
Florida
Visit site
Originally posted by Skeet
Hmm...well...if you can view the light from an area of space 100 Million miles from Earth, for example...then...the view back, from 100 Million miles, beyond that, will be the same, only flipped left to right...so I imagine that may have something to do with it.:D

I really wanna look at Quantum theory now...just to see how ferked up I get!
That would only be a mirror image of what you're looking out to see, not one looking back. By the way 100 million miles is just over the Earths distance from the sun, 1 astronomical unit. 25 trillion of which will get you to the nearest star.
Knowing approx. how far away things are make it possible to make a model of where our place is in the grand scheme.
As for quantum mechanics; one thing that always baked my noodle is light being a wave as well as a particle.

Skeet

Platinum Member
Quite...I think the Earth is around 93 Million miles from the Sun, isn't it? Wasnt aware that that was 1 Astronmical Unit, though.
Neither was I aware that teh nearest Star, is 25 Trillion Units away..is that an American Trillion or an English one?

If light is a Particle and a wave...does that mean it has Mass?