Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

View the Earth from outta space :)

davejeff66

I hate paintball.
Apr 20, 2004
Prison
Originally posted by Skeet
teh one Robbo seems to think I had to chloroform!)
chloroform was used as an anaesthetic...

plus an old school friend of mine once promised he would deliver stephen hawkins autograph...

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by davejeff66
plus an old school friend of mine once promised he would deliver stephen hawkins autograph...

....considering Hawking suffers from some sort of motor-neurone disease and is confined to a wheelchair with virtually no controllable body movements, I doubt whether his signature would have been recognisable and thus your pal could have scribbled anything and served it up as Hawking's autograph.

You could well have devious school friends young Davejeff :)

LV 4 26

Millsy- Back Baby
Q. If the forces from the big bang are pushing the universe out, how does this work with all the collapsing stars pulling everthing in, which in turn then creates Dark Mass, which also pulls everything in or is this fuelling the expansion in some way?

Millsy

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by davejeff66
chloroform was used as an anaesthetic...

Dave, let me explain mate, Skeet I have sorta known for something like 10 years since he used to come in my local paintball shop making me cups of tea as a kid.
Since then he's married and ended up getting hold of a girl who's way above him on the 'good looks' scale.

And so, once when we were talking, I suggested that when he first met his wife, he must have had some chloroform with him to render her unconscious and thus make her his partner......otherwise, with the way she looks and the way he looks, he would have had no frikkin chance :)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by LV 4 26
Q. If the forces from the big bang are pushing the universe out, how does this work with all the collapsing stars pulling everthing in, which in turn then creates Dark Mass, which also pulls everything in or is this fuelling the expansion in some way?

Millsy
....it's easily reconciled because they are on different scales mate, one is a macro phenomena (universe expansion) and the other is a relative micro phenomena (collapsing stars).

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by LV 4 26
Sorry, are you saying that one does not affect the other.

Millsy
I would very much doubt that collapsing stars on a local level would significantly affect the overal expansion of the universe.
Think of it like a guy driving down the motorway and expecting the fact he leans forward or backward in his chair to affect the forward motion of the car in any significant way.
Not a great metaphor I know but it should give you a handle to how I understand things.