Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Violent Crime Reduction Act - does it impact on Paintball?

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
That's what I'm hoping too - question is, does someone ask THE MAN, or do we just continue as we always have, keeping a low profile and avoiding any situation which would force HMG to actually make a firm decision on the status of paintball?

I reckon we just keep it on the down-low. :)

DANIEL

Jun 25, 2002
At the top.
Visit site
I vote keep a low profile...

like in tournaments. If there is nothing in the rules saying you can't then it's not against the rules. The organisers have to amend the rulebook if they want to stop you! :)

O

ollytheosteo

That's what I'm hoping too - question is, does someone ask THE MAN, or do we just continue as we always have, keeping a low profile and avoiding any situation which would force HMG to actually make a firm decision on the status of paintball?

I reckon we just keep it on the down-low. :)
Don't ask whatever you do, then they have to take notice. Talk to Bully if in doubt but as I understand it paintball guns are fine for now as long as no-one does anything stupid with a milsim gun in public and attracts attention.

Deker

#16 Official UK Gunwhore
Dunno about not asking, I'd rather know where I stand as far as firearms go.

There's a better post about it here: http://www.basc.org.uk/content/0610_vcr_bill

There's a snipet about exemptions "Other activities which should be exempted include historical re-enactments, sporting events (starting pistols) and theatrical, TV and film productions."

As mentioned it looks like it's only the mil'sim stuff that needs clarification as to whether or not its an "imitation firearm"

Bedlam

Gone crazy, back soon...
So this act is specifically targeted at sub 12ft/lb air weapons (air weapons over 12ft/lb are already covered by firearm legislation), so that includes paintball markers.
OK....re-read it and point taken.

Does anyone have a full transcript? Just wondered about storage and ownership. Or does it just apply to the sale and transfer of Air weapons?
:cool:

Oh yeah.....I agree with not asking but could that be construed as ignorance, in which case there is no excuse?

O

ollytheosteo

Dunno about not asking, I'd rather know where I stand as far as firearms go.

There's a better post about it here: http://www.basc.org.uk/content/0610_vcr_bill

There's a snipet about exemptions "Other activities which should be exempted include historical re-enactments, sporting events (starting pistols) and theatrical, TV and film productions."

As mentioned it looks like it's only the mil'sim stuff that needs clarification as to whether or not its an "imitation firearm"
Then talk to Bully first, the UKPSF are the people most likely to be able to shed light on all this.

trigg503

is back home now
Jan 18, 2007
Burghead Moray Scotland
have not read all the thread but is this not why we chrono to under 300fps as over this it would be classed as an air weapon if im wrong please correct and i will go shut up and hide behind a rock:)