Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

VIO's

DonBossi

Mar 4, 2021
Recently bought a fantastic pair of Ascends, which from only trying on at home, I'm loving more than the legendary VForce Grills I also have.
We'll have to see how they compare on the field.

Virtue Vio - as far as I'm aware, Ascend can't be customised? Which pairs can be customised with the changeable grill plate and does that include the colour line around the cheek / nose?

Is it Contour & Extend for the click / change customisable options? Ascends come fixed as they are?

All info appreciated.

Last edited:

ant290

BOOOOM!
May 15, 2007
Southampton
ant290.wixsite.com
You are correct, the ascend has the whole faceplate and lens frame in one piece.

the others are all interchangeable. the bottom part includes the colour line, although you also get the flappy bits behind the goggle frame which can be swapped separately too.

Other things to note:
Straps are interchangeable from all vio's and bunkerking CMD goggles.
As are Lenses.

The universal peak also fits some other goggles due to it fitting in the vent slots.

you can two strap them if you are feeling strong, just be careful not to snap the lens clips on the strap

DonBossi

Mar 4, 2021
You are correct, the ascend has the whole faceplate and lens frame in one piece.

the others are all interchangeable. the bottom part includes the colour line, although you also get the flappy bits behind the goggle frame which can be swapped separately too.

Other things to note:
Straps are interchangeable from all vio's and bunkerking CMD goggles.
As are Lenses.

The universal peak also fits some other goggles due to it fitting in the vent slots.

you can two strap them if you are feeling strong, just be careful not to snap the lens clips on the strap
Thanks Ant. Yes I'd seen the straps and lenses can all be mixed and matched, which is a handy feature.

I don't have a visor and I don't think it's an essential accessory but if one pops up on the sales pages I'll pick one up.

Two strap them? As in wear 2 straps on the same goggle or have I taken that the wrong way?

Reactions: ant290

ant290

BOOOOM!
May 15, 2007
Southampton
ant290.wixsite.com
Two strap them? As in wear 2 straps on the same goggle or have I taken that the wrong way?
Oh man, I am pretty jealous you get to experience paintball as a beginner.. literally everything is so exciting!

yes mate, two straps on the same goggle, some people like it.. some people hate it.. some people just do it cos it looks cool.

Let me find you some examples:)

Reactions: Mr. Suicide

James ECI

UK Woodland Masters
Jul 31, 2007
Kent
Oh man, I am pretty jealous you get to experience paintball as a beginner.. literally everything is so exciting!

yes mate, two straps on the same goggle, some people like it.. some people hate it.. some people just do it cos it looks cool.

I used to do it coz it looked cool...

DonBossi

Mar 4, 2021

Haha. Yes everything new and exciting. Lots to learn. I wouldn't have thought about double strapping.

I'll probably give it a go and it'll probably look cool. I'm just that kinda guy :ROFLMAO:

DonBossi

Mar 4, 2021
To raise a final question on this - does a Contour faceplate fit an Extend and vice versa? I know this would turn the bigger extend into the smaller profile Contour, but just wondering if it's possible.

Everything I've read says they are all inter changeable, but when you look at the shape, the BZ site lists 'Vio' faceplate as well as Extend. The Vio seem to curl up at the back where the 'Extend' look more like they curve round.

Mr. Suicide

BHood.
Oct 29, 2004
South Wales
Visit site
To raise a final question on this - does a Contour faceplate fit an Extend and vice versa? I know this would turn the bigger extend into the smaller profile Contour, but just wondering if it's possible.

Everything I've read says they are all inter changeable, but when you look at the shape, the BZ site lists 'Vio' faceplate as well as Extend. The Vio seem to curl up at the back where the 'Extend' look more like they curve round.

Can confirm they are swappable! I have an XS, and the extend and contour all fit on the same frames!

Reactions: ant290 and DonBossi

DonBossi

Mar 4, 2021
Can confirm they are swappable! I have an XS, and the extend and contour all fit on the same frames!
Great. Thanks mate!

How are you finding the XS? I was interested in an Extend but then an XS came up in a lovely colour so I went for it.

BZ & JP have a few face plates at £5 so was thinking I could just whack an Extend plate on and it gives the option of adding a different bit of colour too.