The Home Of European Paintball

Virtue rotor board?

Charlie

Back to Plat!
Oct 22, 2001
Norfolk
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm looking at making my rotor rf compatible and have seen the virtue rotor board v2 and the rf harness kit which comes with 2 kits. Has anyone used this kit? If so, how good is it as I've had issues with rf kits before for other loaders. Also, do the harness' fit invert mini's? I can't find anywhere which confirms which markers it can fit and I remember the empire kit have 3 different harness types for different markers.

Thanks for any advice, I want to make sure it'll all work before putting £90 into it.

Charlie

automag

Jan 14, 2008
Hi all,

I'm looking at making my rotor rf compatible and have seen the virtue rotor board v2 and the rf harness kit which comes with 2 kits. Has anyone used this kit? If so, how good is it as I've had issues with rf kits before for other loaders. Also, do the harness' fit invert mini's? I can't find anywhere which confirms which markers it can fit and I remember the empire kit have 3 different harness types for different markers.

Thanks for any advice, I want to make sure it'll all work before putting £90 into it.

Charlie

Hello Charlie

I have the rotor v2 board fitted with the RF kit for the rotor and the gun. Mine is fitted to an ego.

I purchased mine from Virtue last year when I was in the states as a full kit. (rotor board and new gear with bearing for the rotor). I also fitted the virtue arm because at the time they had them on a special offer they had reduced them to $15 about £9

There are two boards V1 has a red button and V2 has a yellow button
With the RF kit you get the
multi sensor
A transmitter
A receiver
4 wire harness
And 3 Y harness colour coded.

In the instructions it says
Red for Intimidator
Blue for Ion/ shocker virtue OLED boards
Black = 2 pin solenoids DM/EGO

The sensor and receiver plug into the rotor v2 board and the transmitter plugs into the Y harness between the board and the solenoid.

I have been using it for about a year and not had a jam. If you run out of paintballs and don’t realise the hopper after a few seconds will start pulsing because there is no tension on the rotor arm.

I will say that having the Rf kit installed in the Rotor I have noticed that the battery life of the rotor is not as good. With no RF kit the batteries last for ages. I have not seen a drop off in battery life in the Ego.

The RF kit makes the gun and rotor talk to each other say when you run out of balls and the rotor starts pulsing, if you pull the trigger it will start the rotor up again making it spin as it should.

If the rotor V2 board detects a jam it should spin the rotor arm backwards to un jam the rotor, I cant say I have seen it but as I have said I have not had a jam.

I cant say if it will fit on the Mini. What is the solenoid wire like between the solenoid and board on the mini. I would say email Virtue and see what they have to say info@virtuepaintball.com
The board has a couple of functions you can set
Purple- RF sync
Green- Auto shutdown
Blue- Audio control
White- Speed control
Red- Pulse timing
Teal- Un jam force
And the board has a USB port you can buy a board connector for $15 and it allows you to up date the board when they come up with any new up dates.

Hope that has been some help

Ant

Reactions: Kevin Winter