Virtue Spire260 - Information Thread

WildWayz

The Moose God
Dec 19, 2004
Batley, Near Leeds
paintball.moose-shack.com
Again, going by what i've been told:

When Will The Spire260 Be Released?
They are due to hit the Euro distributors on June 24th, with UK retailers expecting to receive them around June 27th. It is available in ALL normal colours - see info at the end of the post.

Does This Include The Shell Only Option?
Kinda - from what Christian @ Virtue told me and what LIPS/BZ have said, it is ONLY the full unit that will come in on that date. Shell Only versions - Virtue are trying to get ONE shell only to each retailer now. Stocks for them to be free flowing expected in August. The Spire260 full unit costs £164.95. The Spire260 shell is £59.95.

What About the Spring Ramp?
That is due in at the same time as the Spire260 units. The Spire260 does NOT come with a Spring Ramp. It is an additional £9.95 and fits both the Spire and Spire260.

How Do I Attach The Spring Ramp?
Easy - all trays (both Spire and Spire260) have some slots cut into the tray - it was always designed for a Spring Ramp. Just slot the spring ramp into the slots to attach it.

With The Spring Ramp Installed, Will I Lose Capacity?
No. Or if you do, only by a ball or two. In fact, those who have it counted over 262 balls in the Spire260 with ramp.

Comparison Photos

Spire260, Rotor Hi-Cap, Z2 Hi-Cap

Hope this helps :)

Garideon

Sep 24, 2011
wow, thanks for this Wildwayz!

spire looks to be one of my next purchases considering the size and weight of it compared to the others

WildWayz

The Moose God
Dec 19, 2004
Batley, Near Leeds
paintball.moose-shack.com
Yes, with a moshed up insert. If you buy an Extreme Rage 100 Round Loader for $8 from ANSGEAR, it includes a .50cal insert as it is dual .68 and .50. Cut it a bit, then slot it inside the feedneck of the Spire... it then feeds .50cal balls almost perfectly!
I can get just over 500 .50 paintballs in a normal Spire.