Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Vlocity XSV problem

Norfilas

UWE Paintball Society
Oct 20, 2009
Bristol
Hi guys,

Thought i'd start with a quick note that i am fairly new to paintball, I've only been playing for about 6 weeks.

I've bought my own set-up which included the Vlcoity XSV, all of which were off the site. I have had 1 pretty annotying problem with the hopper though. It just stops... we usually train using reballs, so I thought maybe it was just being tempromental with reball like alot of hoppers, but it has the same problem with paint.

What seems to be happening is the cone stops moving fairly regular, and not to unjam itself or anything, it just stops, and to make it move again it needs to be turned on and off some times once, sometimes up to 5 times, just to get the cone turning again, then it works fine, until about 20 balls later, it repeats.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know cause it sucks only having 20 balls to shoot before hiding behind my bunker shaking and switching my hopper on and off. hoping the other guys arent moving while i'm doing so...

Thanks

tiffer

Ha,ha....................
May 31, 2005
Visit site
Hi guys,

Thought i'd start with a quick note that i am fairly new to paintball, I've only been playing for about 6 weeks.

I've bought my own set-up which included the Vlcoity XSV, all of which were off the site. I have had 1 pretty annotying problem with the hopper though. It just stops... we usually train using reballs, so I thought maybe it was just being tempromental with reball like alot of hoppers, but it has the same problem with paint.

What seems to be happening is the cone stops moving fairly regular, and not to unjam itself or anything, it just stops, and to make it move again it needs to be turned on and off some times once, sometimes up to 5 times, just to get the cone turning again, then it works fine, until about 20 balls later, it repeats.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know cause it sucks only having 20 balls to shoot before hiding behind my bunker shaking and switching my hopper on and off. hoping the other guys arent moving while i'm doing so...

Thanks
Common fault I found with them is that the battery connectors tend to stretch,poor quality I presume.
First remove the batteries (still connected) from the hopper and turn it on,when you wiggle the batteries you will see that the connection is interupted.
Two fixes are wrap tape around the batteries to hold them in palce or go to "maplins" and get better connectors.
I've had this happen on 5 v-locity's amongst my "friends"...;)

essx

Sep 10, 2006
Essex
it is important that the hopper is set up properly, the xsv velocity manual can be downloaded! I have 2 of them, and they are the best hopper i've had!

the most common problem they had was the tension spring under the cone would snap!

download the manual< and make sure you follow the battery instructions!!!! aND USE QUALITY BATTERIES!!

http://www.viewloader.com/?loaders=8038 GO HERE TO DOWNLAOD

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
He's been using brand new procells so not a battery issue (unless it's the faulty connector mentioned above).

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
Hey guys, have checked and everything is perfectly clean so unless eyes are damaged can't see that being the problem. It will freefall paint fine, but as soon as you stop the ballstack the yellow flashing light of death comes on and it won't feed until you've turned it on and off a few times. Any ideas?