Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Volocity Jr VS Halo

Big_Mickey_Cee

Fix up, look sharp!
Oct 25, 2010
Hull
Hay guys,

Just looking for abit of advise really, just getting into paintballing again (Mainly Woodsball) after along while and I'm stuck on what hopper to go for!!

Marker wise I've started off cheap and chearfull with a Piranha GTI but can't make up my mind between the Volocity and the Halo hoppers.

Also what is everyones opinion on the VL Eye Force??

Any comments and advise would be warmly welcomed.

Cheers.

RichardMacdonald

Inverness ICE
Jan 25, 2010
Inverness, Scotland
www.facebook.com
love the Vlocity, never had any problem with one and still using one to this day.
light and feed quick and have a nice profile. Although they do eat batteries ALOT unless you have an aftermarket board (i have a gangster chip in mine). They are also very noisey.

If your playing Woodsball as you have stated above i would highly recomend the Halo, although heavier, they are much more conservative on battery power as they are not always putting pressure on the stack, force feeding, like the Vlocity but instead work off sound activation. Thus the power is not constantly going to the motor and conserving battery power. With this they are also quieter, not constantly spinning. Two things you would possibly want in woddsball, battery life, as you wont be shooting constantly, such as on a supair field and low volume, to be able to sneak in the woods etc.

Big_Mickey_Cee

Fix up, look sharp!
Oct 25, 2010
Hull
Legend mate, thank you for that.

I'd heard alot about the battery issues with the Velocity but hadn't heard about the noise before as I was told you can stop the motor constantly turning by replacing the chip but I think, in my case, you've sold me the Halo.

By chance, have you had any experiance with the VL Eye Force at all?? If so what are your views on it?

benjman

Shooting for Lucky 15.5s
Jul 27, 2010
Cheadle, Staffordshire
my 2 pence, i always use my vlocity on the first setting so that it only uses the eyes, as this increases the battery life drastically (had the same batteries in mine for the last 4 paintballing days) and it is silent when you arent firing