Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Walk-on Central Scotland?

Phelzier

Oct 19, 2015
Hi guys,

Looking for a new home to play some paintball in and around the central scotland area. All the speak on here points to Rebellion near Falkirk but I called them today and they closed up shop as of yesterday! :(

Any pointers would be much appreciated. I prefer playing woodsball over arenas, if possible.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

StewartW

Certified Eclipse Tech
Feb 13, 2012
Scotland
Hi guys,

Looking for a new home to play some paintball in and around the central scotland area. All the speak on here points to Rebellion near Falkirk but I called them today and they closed up shop as of yesterday! :(

Any pointers would be much appreciated. I prefer playing woodsball over arenas, if possible.

I'm afraid you're in dire straits.

Assuming you're from around Glasgow neck of the woods.

Your nearest options for woodsball / scenario stuff is Major Day : Facebook Page Here
Personally I don't rate this field that highly, but I've been told it is getting better. Field is mainly woodsball with man made barricades. They do walk-ons, 1st or 2nd weekend of the month?​

A wee bit further north you've got Elite Indoor Paintball Fife : Facebook Page Here
I've never played here, can't rate it. It's mainly QCB if that's your jam? Think they do walk-ons. Or they have team days every couple of weeks.
If you're willing to travel there's Prozone Paintball. It's in Annan : Facebook Page Here
It's based on an ex MOD Arms base. So It does have some differing fields. There's a jungle village, Bridges. QCB in bunkers. They walk-ons are run on the 2nd weekend of the month and tend to be a bit on the small side. Typically 5 vs 5. Games tend to play out quite tactically. They also host two of Scotlands bigger games each year. Operation Overlord / England Vs Scotland.
There's also Urban Paintball in Embra (Leith Walk) : Facebook page Here
This site has one indoor arena, man-made barricades and an astro-turf floor. It's okay. Obviously it isn't woodsball but I thought'd Id mention it.
Hope this helps.
Stewart

Reactions: hoot and Phelzier

Phelzier

Oct 19, 2015
Thanks Stewart, will check them out. Doesn't seem to be a huge number, which is a shame :( Hopefully I can find somewhere to call home!! lol

eggoberto

Platinum Member
Dec 15, 2010
east kilbride, glasgow
Hi guys,

eggoberto

Platinum Member
Dec 15, 2010
east kilbride, glasgow
Hi guys came across this post and now after playing at all these venues able to give an opinion.

The last few months av been looking for somewhwre regular to walk on..

Firstly would be the BZ site in Edinburgh.
Nice New site but its down fall is size. 1 game zone with different games played in same area, capture case, attack, defend. Capture bases. For me personally just not enough variety for the more advanced player. (Am Sure it will be better in time, only had there second walk on in December 15.)

Urban indoor site.
As said before not good for the woods baller player. Its in a small hall similar in size of a 5 aside football pitch. Maybe good for a training days but not as for a walk on. No disrespect just not for me.

Prozone in annan

Went here for there big event of Scotland vs england.
Great day of paintballing. Plenty of Venuses. Good area with great games to be played. 3v3 tourment and slap stick. Good trained staff.
Hour and 45 travel from Glasgow on a good day. Good fr larger events where camping is available but not for single walk ons...for me anyway

Major day in north of galsgow

Went here a few months ago and have returned twice since then one for a normal walk on and other for there magfed walk on they do. Which for someone looking to get in to it is a good thing to find the lay of the land. The land is great up here with 9 big games zones, on an 65 acre site. not had a chance to play on the all yet. But the 2 I enjoyed most are the village and the one where the members were allowed to create there Own game by joining 2 maps togther . which was great for advanced player .
The diversity of the zones are ggreat in the 1 site. going from flat land games likes custards to heart break hill where you have plenty cover, hills and ditches to hide.
Good staff with good knowledge as they play the game them selfs. Plenty of hints tips and advice from the guys about markers hoopers etc.
The price was a big attraction here for me as there meg fed game is 25£ for walk on fee and 500 balls.

Will defo be there for there next games
the 10th January for walkon
and meg fed later on the 31st on January

Elite in fife
As urban in Edinburgh indoor paintball venue is good as the have rooms to breach inside. And outside is great too with tires and cars used as cover which can be moved about.
Not as far away from Glasgow as annan only just over a hours drive. The site is good and does have a good number for members for walkons but only downfall for me here was the quality of the paint which slightly spoiled my day.

All the Venues have facebook pages as above and would suggest liking them and looking out for there walk on dates

garethm566

Jun 17, 2009
bonnybridge
just wondering I take it the nearest places to Falkirk for walk ons is Glasgow and Edinburgh, if so it might not be worth me getting back into paintball, its just for me transport is a issue assuming most walk on days are sunday's as I don't drive so needs to be public transport

Last edited:

Jamie McCallum

ItsJamieMcC
Jul 2, 2016
Not too sure how active this forum still is. Being that the last reply was last year regarding where to play.

I was wondering if there are any players in or around the North Ayrshire area? I'm looking to start playing paintball more regularly however finding it difficult to find a place close enough that allows walk-on days.
I'm going to assume its still Edinburgh and Glasgow that would be close to me then ?

Thanks for the reply's :)

eggoberto

Platinum Member
Dec 15, 2010
east kilbride, glasgow
Hi jamie

There is a walk on in the birth of glasgow at major day this Sunday the 10th.
Its a good day and a good group of guys and welcomes new players all the time . the more the merrier .

If you need any help.or advice don't be shy and saying , the paintball community are a great bunch and always here to help each other .

Not too sure how active this forum still is. Being that the last reply was last year regarding where to play.

I was wondering if there are any players in or around the North Ayrshire area? I'm looking to start playing paintball more regularly however finding it difficult to find a place close enough that allows walk-on days.
I'm going to assume its still Edinburgh and Glasgow that would be close to me then ?

Thanks for the reply's :)