Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Walk-on Evening: MEGA PAINTBALL @ Bournemouth

ant290

BOOOOM!
May 15, 2007
Southampton
ant290.wixsite.com
see the thing to me is .... surely real ballers = real promotion??
i know if i wanted to go try out a new thing i wud ask people who do it regularly to tell me if its worth it... specially seein as i cud go somewhere else and get it cheaper.

Stokerace

Jun 19, 2009
Message From Mega Paintball

Hi Guys, Just reading through your posts and thought i would reply to the chinese whispers going around and to put things straight.
First i am Roys Business Partner, i have Run Paintball sites for many years and designed the Indoor Arena.
I would like to address points which have been raised in the Forum and to put the record straight.
1. Drinking / Alcohol , NEVER before a game is played , only after the customers session is the Bar opened, you are welcome for a soft drink before.

2. Paint Prices, always an immotive topic, the only way Paintball has grown and you guys play it, is through businesses and business people investing and promoting paintball and growing the sport, Simple.
if you check outdoor prices £6.00 - £7.00 per 100 and every indoor site in the UK is at least £10.00 plus so £8.00 per 100 is very reasonable to the average customer. some sites even charge £3.50 per 50 shots.
The only way Tournement players etc get access to cheaper paintball prices is the vast quantity Paintball Manufactures sell to the Trade, if we were not here Paintballs would be very expensive for everyone. Paintball companies do sell off old paint and give it away etc to tourny teams or sell on e-bay, we only buy fresh paintballs.
I would keep in mind that if you play with anyone who has there own paintballs be very ccareful they have not doctored them in any way, freezing is the most common, and yes it is an insurance requirement that most sites should not allow customers to bring their own paintballs for this reason, and it does happen.

3. Safety was mentioned, we as a company have a 100 % safety record in 10 years, i can mention, which i won't, two local Dorset companies which have had customers loose sight in their eyes in the past two years.
We have and always will have a company mission to be the safest in the sport , so i take the post about safety to heart and will ask anyone from this Forum to come down and i will personally show them round and explain as a company how safe we are.
Health and Safety is the most importabt thing to MegaPaintball as a company and i can give many an example of other companies lack of it. a post mentioned slippery floor, well it is Paintball but the Arena floor is cleaned before each session so this does not happen, any area which we have deemed a possible slip hazzard in our Risk assestments has been treated to anti slip meassures.

Three kids and a Mum, well this made me laugh, the site has been running for 4 weeks now and the person who came in was in before we have really got started, its busy now, thanks.

I would like to finish with this point guys, the site is unique, half a million pounds has been spent on the build with lights , effects and theming, no it was'nt built as a tournement site, as 99 percent of paintball players play for fun and recreation, it is great fun to play if you immerse yourself in the atmosphere.
Yes we are still open to Walk -on days a some point, no we are not going to give it away to anybody.
YES we will sort out a special deal for walk on days, but if you can not Chrono your markers down to 200-210 bfps then you will not be allowed to use it, and we will check every marker as per our health and safty.

Guys i did'nt want to rant or give the wrong impression of what we do , but hey if you want to invest half a mil and build your own arena to play fair enough, but give the rest of us in the Paintball industry a fair hearing, if it was'nt for the likes of Paintball companies like us pushing the sport forward, i am one of the ones pushing for it to be included in the Olympics, then Paintball would not move forward.
On a small last note we also manufacture paintball equipment and will eventualy put our own team out there to face the masses.
Don't get me wrong on all this i just wanted to clear a few of the points up that have been raised and disscussion is never a bad thing.
Lets all work to Promote Paintball in a good light as it looks like its getting baned in Germany and we are not far from there.

Take care and hope that some of you will pop down and take the time for me (Karl) to show you round.

Stokerace

Jun 19, 2009
Message From Mega Paintball

Hi Guys, Just reading through your posts and thought i would reply to the chinese whispers going around and to put things straight.
First i am Roys Business Partner, i have Run Paintball sites for many years and designed the Indoor Arena.
I would like to address points which have been raised in the Forum and to put the record straight.
1. Drinking / Alcohol , NEVER before a game is played , only after the customers session is the Bar opened, you are welcome for a soft drink before.

2. Paint Prices, always an immotive topic, the only way Paintball has grown and you guys play it, is through businesses and business people investing and promoting paintball and growing the sport, Simple.
if you check outdoor prices £6.00 - £7.00 per 100 and every indoor site in the UK is at least £10.00 plus so £8.00 per 100 is very reasonable to the average customer. some sites even charge £3.50 per 50 shots.
The only way Tournement players etc get access to cheaper paintball prices is the vast quantity Paintball Manufactures sell to the Trade, if we were not here Paintballs would be very expensive for everyone. Paintball companies do sell off old paint and give it away etc to tourny teams or sell on e-bay, we only buy fresh paintballs.
I would keep in mind that if you play with anyone who has there own paintballs be very ccareful they have not doctored them in any way, freezing is the most common, and yes it is an insurance requirement that most sites should not allow customers to bring their own paintballs for this reason, and it does happen.

3. Safety was mentioned, we as a company have a 100 % safety record in 10 years, i can mention, which i won't, two local Dorset companies which have had customers loose sight in their eyes in the past two years.
We have and always will have a company mission to be the safest in the sport , so i take the post about safety to heart and will ask anyone from this Forum to come down and i will personally show them round and explain as a company how safe we are.
Health and Safety is the most importabt thing to MegaPaintball as a company and i can give many an example of other companies lack of it. a post mentioned slippery floor, well it is Paintball but the Arena floor is cleaned before each session so this does not happen, any area which we have deemed a possible slip hazzard in our Risk assestments has been treated to anti slip meassures.

Three kids and a Mum, well this made me laugh, the site has been running for 4 weeks now and the person who came in was in before we have really got started, its busy now, thanks.

I would like to finish with this point guys, the site is unique, half a million pounds has been spent on the build with lights , effects and theming, no it was'nt built as a tournement site, as 99 percent of paintball players play for fun and recreation, it is great fun to play if you immerse yourself in the atmosphere.
Yes we are still open to Walk -on days a some point, no we are not going to give it away to anybody.
YES we will sort out a special deal for walk on days, but if you can not Chrono your markers down to 200-210 bfps then you will not be allowed to use it, and we will check every marker as per our health and safty.

Guys i did'nt want to rant or give the wrong impression of what we do , but hey if you want to invest half a mil and build your own arena to play fair enough, but give the rest of us in the Paintball industry a fair hearing, if it was'nt for the likes of Paintball companies like us pushing the sport forward, i am one of the ones pushing for it to be included in the Olympics, then Paintball would not move forward.
On a small last note we also manufacture paintball equipment and will eventualy put our own team out there to face the masses.
Don't get me wrong on all this i just wanted to clear a few of the points up that have been raised and disscussion is never a bad thing.
Lets all work to Promote Paintball in a good light as it looks like its getting baned in Germany and we are not far from there.

Take care and hope that some of you will pop down and take the time for me (Karl) to show you round.

garriesilverthorn

TEAM RAMPAGE
Jul 29, 2008
Southampton
not trying to pick an arguement but anyone can get cheap paint from any good retailer on the net at like £30 for 2000, and tourny players dont get it much cheaper than that!
the main way that paintball sites make money is through boosting up paint prices, as all the site i know buy there paint cheaper than what you pay on the net!
so i see it as you are either getting ripped off for paint or are just trying to get loads of money out of us!
if you are thinking about doing a walk on then you will need to rethink the prices as most site do £20 green fee and £25 a box

sorry if this has come across in the wrong way its not intentional, or sorry if i have misunderstood what you were trying to say!

(ps acorrding to mythusters frozen paint doesnt work :D)

@ Stokerace

It would help if you were reading things properly... your "chineese wispers" ... there was none, the only thing is people were concurned about was that you "might" be able to drink booze before a game.

you said about me coming down before you got busy, i came down last weekend dude! yes roy said they were busy in the week ect and had a few games a weekend, i only stated a point about the 3 kids and mum BECAUSE he said we cant have walkon on a weekend because hes packed out!

Yes you spent alot of money on the site and yes you pay a stupid amount on rent and rates ect ect BUT YOU CHOSE THAT SITE.
You could of got a larger building just outside town center for alot less.

Paint prices... even camouflage only charge £6.50 per 100.
And roy said you cant buy recball for £25 (thats what we pay in southampton walkon) ... well a quick search on the net i found a box for £28 + delivery and if you had good relations with a supplier you would get it cheaper, obviously you dont have good enough contacts :rolleyes:

and chrono ... i said its around 200 and i never said you COULD have it higher!

At the end of the day, I was not putting down the "megapaintball" site, nor did i EVER lie about anything i said about the site.

All we (the paintball players) want to know is how much it is to play at mega!
I have asked Roy numerous times when i went down and via emails, he does not seem bothered that we can give him regular income and the best advertising you can get for.

so then now since you wanted to get involved, you can sort this out if you are interested in us playing regularly at your site since he carnt be arsed to get back to me!

Stokerace

Jun 19, 2009
Ok, Ok,..lol don't need or want a heated disscusion

I pointed out facts, yes camo is 6.50 per 100, outdoors and i can safely say the spent less than 10,000 setting up there site,,as for us choosing the town centre, well in business you need location, its true its there for the stag and hen market, but also for the locals as well which are booking quite happily at 8.00 per 100. Scotland 12.00 per 100, every other indoor site in the UK 10.00 per 100, hey give us a break, we have brought the best indoor site in europe for effects , game play, and themeing To you in Bournemouth and charging LESS than all the rest of the indoor sites.
Please dont try and discuss the why's and where for's of business and Paintball with me, i have been in the Game for many years, as a site owner and operator , tourny player and equipment manufacturer. The reason we won't do walk -ons on weekends as why should i give a slot away to a player expecting large discounts, even if it is every month, that dos'nt make business sense.??????

Having listened to what you say, Yes we can do something for a select group of Walk-on Players, i will not discuss on boards here what i am prepared to do for you, as it will be a good deal, No.1 to prove we run the best operation, Game play, and the safest centre around. ALL my Marshalls have completed a training course and ALL are CRB checked to work with Children.
So pop in next week but not Tuesday as i am in London Designing a new Indoor site for another company, i must of done something right,lol....
anyway conversation is good, and you must read between the lines of what i say, i never said anyone lied, i know what i can get Paintballs for, and well if anybody thinks they can run a site and want to give it a go, we supply all the kitt..........Cheaper and better than the rest, as 43 sites in Europe that have bought our equipment can't be wrong.
Don't forget i will be sponsoring a Team at some point, and i have some big sponsor names ready to sign onto a team when i decide to do it, so don't be too quick to Judge, and any Business needs to make Money, and i speak for the whole of the Paintball guys who work in the industry, when i say our average working week is usually 60 hours or more, so work hard and play hard is more of a motto than you think.
K.

Echowitch

Southern Pirates
see the thing to me is .... surely real ballers = real promotion??
i know if i wanted to go try out a new thing i wud ask people who do it regularly to tell me if its worth it... specially seein as i cud go somewhere else and get it cheaper.
Unfortunately that comment is completely inaccurate for the main recball clientèle. The average Stag or Hen party patron does not know anyone who plays regularly and can't ask them.

£8 per 100 for an indoor central town/city site sounds pretty reasonable for recball prices. Them not allowing BYO paint is also reasonable. Campaign and many other sites don't allow people to BYO, and they charge more than £25 a box for Sterling Recball which they provide. (£40 a box from what I last paid, and thats on top of a £25 cover charge for the Walkon Day) Those charging lower prices are generally more established and have fewer overheads or setup costs.

Problem is too many people are EXPECTING a Walkon at cheap prices. Mega is a business and needs to recoup the substantial amount of money it has spent on the site, so recball punters are going to come before Walkon players. Simple business.

And the more the potential walkon players whinge and complain that they should get special treatment because they have their own gear, the less likely the site owner is going to be towards giving them the time of day, let alone a Walkon day.

Instead of demanding discounts and cheaper rates, try some subtle persuasion. Simple manners as well work wonders. Perhaps asking about a Walkon Club membership. Sit down with Stokerace over a coffee, and discuss rationally when, where, how, and how much. Maybe pay an annual membership fee of X amount and get discounted Walkon fee's and costs for paint. Remember that Mega can just tell you to get stuffed and make 5 times as much from day punters, so its up to you to be polite, be persuasive, and not throw your toys out of the pram when you don't get your own way.

hotshotsam

Oct 26, 2008
walk on

dont these guys run a woodland site aswell? would that be at all cheaper?
im really up for a walk on venue in dorset because i think there is a major gap for one in this part of the country
hopefully a compromise will be sorted out that would make everyone happy

Dillworth

Jul 9, 2008
South Coast, Hampshire
So Anyone Know The Plan For Next Following Walk-On ? :confused:

And if i am not mistaken
ALL my Marshalls have completed a training course and ALL are CRB checked to work with Children.
on every site Marshalls have to be CRB checked. as i was thinking about applying for a Marshall part time job. but have not managed to got around to it yet. been rather busy :)