Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Walk-On Virgin

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
Mask is definately a priority, as most rental masks don't have thermal lenses and fog up like crazy. Nothing improves your game like being able to see! Ion is a good marker, but if you think you will be playing often and plan on getting really into it (as you inevitably will lol) then it might be worthwhile looking at an etek or an old eclipse ego, as they are excellent markers and can be found relatively cheap on here. Like someone else said: mess around with other guys' guns and see what you like most. Have fun dude!

Big Mac

My Custom User Title
Oct 19, 2006
York
there are a range of markers you can get for cheap on here.

i would certainly have a look at markers on this list and consider these as well as everyone suggesting the eclipse markers - not that i hate them, hates a very strong word, i just severly dislike them, though thats probably become apparent. if not it has now.

sft shocker - easy to maintain, just lube after every days play, have great support from warped, balf and zdspb.com - around the £150 mark

an oldish angel - speed 05 perhaps - people slag them off but they are just wdp haters - in reality they are great markers. i had an a4 fly as a beginner marker and of course when i started i didnt like the hassle of maintaning things, now with the marker i have it has to be and so i get used to it but - , i think in the 6 months i had it i put one drop of lube in it - absolute workhorse requires virtually no maintenance, and if anything goes wrong you have wdp and lips there to help you sort it out. quick and easy. The A1 is also a fantastic marker - and if you can scrounge up the cash, these are going for buttons these days - £300 gets you an a1 now.

definately look at the proto range - the pmr and the slg are both very good starter options - if you can afford it then a pm6 is also a good marker. - dye europe and heaven offer fantastic support if something goes wrong.

All are cheap and worth every penny over an ion, however ions are very upgradable and so you can upgrade as you wish i guess. like has been suggested, get out there and ask to try a few out, see which you like best, then look into getting the one for you.

masks i would suggest a jt flex 7/8 or a v-force profiler.

clothing, rugged things BUT NOT JEANS! get jeans wet and your buggered for the rest of the day, heavy uncomfortable and take ****ing ages to dry

Statch83

in2deep-paintball.co.uk
i would agree with the comments about masks. buy a decent mask as the first thing on you list!!

Gat wise i would say an 05 ego if you can afford it as they require little attention and keep on rolling game after game. iv'e used one for about a year now and havent had to replace any parts as of yet and all thats needs doing is a quick clean and oil. plus the service your get for this gat is very good as a lot of people on the forums have a good knowledge of them.But try before you buy ask about and ask to have a shoot as you may prefer something else it's about what you find comfortable to shoot.

regards to clothing just an old t-shirt and some comfortable jeans would be fine for a walk on.

and air is safe so long as you don't abuse it. just keep it clean and dont oil it.

matt,

one sexy beast

young gunz
Jun 15, 2006
norwich
ok what part of suffolk you in ?
if its the norfolk end can arange for you to meet some of us at a site close by and let you have a play with some of our markers. so you can get a feel for what sort you like.

Mafney

May 10, 2006
Salisbury, Wiltshire
ok what part of suffolk you in ?
if its the norfolk end can arange for you to meet some of us at a site close by and let you have a play with some of our markers. so you can get a feel for what sort you like.
I live in Bury St. Edmunds which isn't that far away from Norwich to be honest.

And thanks everyone, I will certainly be looking around for a mask in the For Sale section and see what I can get. ;)

I think I will try a walk-on in the next few months or so and just rent gear (will get shot to hell probably but there) to give me a chance to have a look at what markers other people use and then go from there.

teamxray

MAKE MY DAY
Aug 15, 2007
london
try this link its a site at snetterton and thetford
http://www.combatpaintball.org/

the website covers the theftford woods site
but its the same company Just call James(owner of the site) on his mobile number, obtained from Combat paintball website and he will give you any information you require. Alternatively, contact 'I'mnovet' on this forum for any information about the Snetterton site. walk on are ok but you only get to use the site guns only try going to snett you will have more luck in seeing all the other makes of guns there and proberly get to try some