****Wanted detent for a nexus DC2 cocker (UK)****

Cliff-In2Deep

Banned
May 24, 2007
Basingstoke
www.in2deep.co.uk
I believe this is what your after?
View attachment 7676
Bit of a bad picture but chrome hex nut cocker detent like in the link. Don't know if there's any difference but it came off an 04 cocker, it's got a bit of loctite on the threads still but it bounces up and down so it should be good.
I only changed it because i'm a gun tart and i found a sexier one:rolleyes:Doh?
Hi Lucky do you know how long ago you changed it, as mine still bounces up & down, but in the gat it keeps dropping & spiking off between 190 - 260 & it's been to Planet for a service & we've stripped it down, changed the hoses several times & the only thing it can be is the detent spring is worn down...:(

Cheers Cliff...:)

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
It's only had about 4 cases past it, but it's not what you need.:confused:

I assume your talking 190-260 fps velocity fluctuation in which case the detent will have no effect on this whatsoever? The detent is only an anti double ball mechanism and does not actually hold the ball in the breech. I'd guess that unless you've got a rubbish, paint to barrel match then your most likely to find that your regulator is sticking. Check this first, as i think you'll find that planet don't always test over a chrono, they just test fire to make sure it's working ok.
Just got an idea that's what they do from what they said to me when i was having gun problems after mine had been serviced..........turned out to be my hopper in the end:(doh!

Cliff-In2Deep

Banned
May 24, 2007
Basingstoke
www.in2deep.co.uk
It's only had about 4 cases past it, but it's not what you need.:confused:

I assume your talking 190-260 fps velocity fluctuation in which case the detent will have no effect on this whatsoever? The detent is only an anti double ball mechanism and does not actually hold the ball in the breech. I'd guess that unless you've got a rubbish, paint to barrel match then your most likely to find that your regulator is sticking. Check this first, as i think you'll find that planet don't always test over a chrono, they just test fire to make sure it's working ok.
Just got an idea that's what they do from what they said to me when i was having gun problems after mine had been serviced..........turned out to be my hopper in the end:(doh!
OK...will give this a try, but I'm using a VLocity hopper on mode setting 4 & the barrel is the standard one that came with it a .689, the paint we use is Draxus or Proto, this has only just started so i can only presume it's the regulator sticking, any cure for this apart from stripping it down..

Cliff..

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
OK...will give this a try, but I'm using a VLocity hopper on mode setting 4 & the barrel is the standard one that came with it a .689, the paint we use is Draxus or Proto, this has only just started so i can only presume it's the regulator sticking, any cure for this apart from stripping it down..

Cliff..
Sorry if i missled you. My problem was that the gun was breaking every 6-8th ball. it'd go shot, shot, shot, shot, shot, shot, shot, Break, shot, shot, shot, shot, shot, shot, shot, break, shot, shot, etc etc but only when ramping?

Your problem is i'm affraid one that your going to have to strip the reg. A few drops of oil thru the gun may help along with adjusting the reg right down and then bring the pressure back up again, but i reckon you'll need to strip it.
It's not hard.
This'll give you an idea how to:
CP Step by step guide

Cliff-In2Deep

Banned
May 24, 2007
Basingstoke
www.in2deep.co.uk
Sorry if i missled you. My problem was that the gun was breaking every 6-8th ball. it'd go shot, shot, shot, shot, shot, shot, shot, Break, shot, shot, shot, shot, shot, shot, shot, break, shot, shot,
Never had a problem with breaking paint, but i will take a look at the reg tomorrow to see if this can be sorted & if not the link that was given to me sells them for only £50.00, so i might go down that route & a new detent aswell..

Thanks for your help Lucky...

Cheers Cliff...

beanbag83

I'm either drunk or high
Feb 12, 2006
King's Lynn, Norfolk, England
Lucky is quite right thats not the anti-double almost certainly reg, if not a barrel problem. Slighty off topic but i'd recomend using a vlocity on setting one (no pressure on stack) with a cocker.

Cliff-In2Deep

Banned
May 24, 2007
Basingstoke
www.in2deep.co.uk
Lucky is quite right thats not the anti-double almost certainly reg, if not a barrel problem. Slighty off topic but i'd recomend using a vlocity on setting one (no pressure on stack) with a cocker.
I also forgot to mention aswell that the paint does roll out of the barrel from time to time & i assumed it was the detent spring, but i will lower my VLocity setting down to mode 2 as iv'e tried on 1 & end up shooting blanks between shots on ramping with the up-graded board in this & will check the reg out
cheers Beanbag83...

Cliff...:D

aLiF

Platinum Member
Aug 12, 2007
Perth, Scotland
or you can check whether the paint is too big for the barrel bore..this might as well gonna contribute to velocity spikes..