Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Warm Up Routine

ChairChimp

It's a chimp and a chair!
Nov 5, 2002
Sheffield
Just backing up

What your mom said (you should always listen to her y'know) you absolutely MUST MUST MUST do some light exercise BEFORE you stretch.

Stretching 'cold' muscles is can have quite a negative effect.

Light exercise can be a gentle jog (10 mins) some running on the spot and varying the pace, keeping knees high etc.

Pretty much anything that you can do for 10 mins and then find yourself breathing a little heavier because of it. That way if you ain't so fit, do something easy for 10 mins, as long as you are breathing heavy and the body is pumping that O2 around the system, stretches will be ok from there on in.

Good points about inbetween games as well there.
If you've had a 10/15 break between games, those first 3/4 mins of the game are gonna be a bugger on your muscles. So as everyone starts grouping up do some star jumps (good idea but ya'll gonna feel silly) or some easy jogs to the spawn point.

Stretch just about everything you can think of, torso, chest, back, arms legs, hands, fingers, neck. Paintball is one of the most demanding sports on the body because of the burst nature of a lot of the movements, sprints, ducking out/in etc. A slightly warm, slightly stretched muscle reacts better and for longer than a cold one.

Now you're are all warmed up, can someone tell me how to play well?

:D

Chimp

Roland

Comrade Trogski
Jul 11, 2002
Eccleshall, Staffordshire
Visit site
Thanks, a lot of good advice.

All I have to do now is think of something that takes about 10 mins and leaves me out of breath!;)

Thats sex out of the question then, never lasted 10 mins in my life, and anyone who says they have is a liar!:D

chunk.Clan

Clan, back for 09.
May 12, 2002
Lanark.
I usally start with a couple bacon rolls followed by a pint of lager.
This is probably why I`m a backman. lol :D
Chunk.

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
I'm a physical intervention instructor (at my school) and staff have to do a warm up before I train them, the BUPA web site has some basic ones and links to sport-specific sights. Just remember, that in the UK particularly you'll have a really cold start at most tourneys. Other things are: just drinking water. Not eating before or between exercise. But this is pretty much impossible at most tournaments, as they include ten minute bursts split over a whole day so it's either risk cramps or starve to death :D

Burb

#1 Soi Cowboy.
Nov 27, 2001
Middleweight
again i forgot to warm up before training, now both my arms are completley frozen after practicing face dives into the snake for about half an hour yesterday. :(