Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Wd40

Philip

Whip it out..
Mar 24, 2002
Ellesmere Port
Hehe, something i know plenty about, and shown to me by my dad....pyro's :)

When i was in school i witnessed the stupidest child ever, he robbed some potassium from the 'neverlockedlabstore' and decided to go into the toilets to drop it in the toilet. Now he had a fair bit of it in smallish lumps - he then proceeded to wash off the oil in the sink(dumbass, he'd only just been using it in a chem lesson). After getting away with that, he dropped it into the toilet to watch the reaction.

By now me and my mate were just about to leave when we heard the popping and a bit of screaming, the potassium popped and some landed on the kids head....i was almost pissin myself laughing. Just as i thought it was the end of the stupidity, the kid was screaming his head was burning so he ran over to the sink and run his head under the water! :D

I'd never been in so much pain from laughing....and the kid needed a trip to hospital for a cleanup :p

TOOLE

Banned
Feb 27, 2003
it is reasonably stable in the form of the iron oxide/alumium form, but i tend to make it with magnesium sulphate (there is a big jar of the stuff in the cabinet in my chemistry department, and i'm one of the prefects who has to stop kids cmoig in and nicking things ;) ) and aluminium powder, that needs bugger all to set it alight, so the glue method aint good.

Thermite can be made out of all sorts, the iron can be replaced by almost any metal oxide/sulphate, although those metals further up the reactivity series than aluminium have to be sulphates, don't ask me why (something to do with electronegativity).

ChiZZerS

i ade a pipe bomb today:D

i got a copper tube 15cm long..
and clamped one end of the pipe down....then folded it over.

filled it with gunpowder (potasun nitrate, charcoal and suphur)
then i packed it down....

get a metal whire (a stiff one) and poke a hole in the powder
about 2cm down....

get a viscus fuse (5cm) and put in in the hole, but leave a bit
hanging out the end, about 2 cm.

now clamp and fold the end on the other side down, but be cairful not to cut the fuse in half..

there.. a pipe bomb:D

it was well fun watching the garden get blown up...

TOOLE

Banned
Feb 27, 2003
yup skeet, that's the way you want it! use a sparkler or magnesium fuse to light it, and bob's your uncle!

Philip

Whip it out..
Mar 24, 2002
Ellesmere Port
Its all about the stabilty of the element due to the elctrons in the outer sub levels...

Iron(FE) is used because its easier to get, most stable in standard conditions and not as radioactive as plutonium :p

TOOLE

Banned
Feb 27, 2003
seph: getting on now

mario: Being a chemistry prefect really helps :) failing that you can get rust from anywhere, and sandpaper can make aluminium powder from a sheet of aluminium!

You can get other stuff from cleaners, matches, anything really!