Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Wd40

ciaran.mooney

Ich bin ein Berliner!
Thermite is hot enough to melt iron pretty close to white hot, so doesnt need any more explosives.

Thing is the thermite reaction isnt that explosive, no expanding gases involved really which I believe is what makes something explosive.

Once you have your thermite powder, find a magnesium fuse and light the bugger. Though leave it a while as the Iron will be white hot for a while.

N.b. I am quite genuinley(sp?) worried when I read this thread about the vast amout of dangerous knowledge that people posses.

On a side note, did any of you watch "Brainiac : Science Abuse" on Sky One.

TOOLE

Banned
Feb 27, 2003
well, to turn it into a sloid blaock you can mix it with plaster of paris, but to turn it into putty you can mix the stuff with some rubber glue!

you need about 20% glue.plaster of paris to 80% thermite

if you do this, i'd advise throwing in a healthy amount of magnesium powder to make it easier to light, and light the stuff with a sparkler in plaster of paris.

try lighting a bit of the basic stuff (just iron oxde + aluminium) on some concrete at night, and watch the surrounding area be lit up brighter than daylight!!

TOOLE

Banned
Feb 27, 2003
erm, don't know about more safe when it's putty like, the safest way to do it really is the plaster of paris method, the glur tends to be a bit more unstable, due to the fact that the fumes from the glue are very flammable!

Skeet

Platinum Member
Originally posted by TOOLE
well, to turn it into a sloid blaock you can mix it with plaster of paris, but to turn it into putty you can mix the stuff with some rubber glue!

you need about 20% glue.plaster of paris to 80% thermite

if you do this, i'd advise throwing in a healthy amount of magnesium powder to make it easier to light, and light the stuff with a sparkler in plaster of paris.

try lighting a bit of the basic stuff (just iron oxde + aluminium) on some concrete at night, and watch the surrounding area be lit up brighter than daylight!!
Heard soembody mention that 5% vaseline and 5% wax was used fo something..not sure if it was to plasticise explosive or thermite..i assume it may make no difference...but will make it mold/stickable...

TOOLE

Banned
Feb 27, 2003
oh yeah, for a short term thing you can use a bit of water in flour to make the putty, goes like dough!