Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Wear on the lv1 bolt/rammer normal ?

Bertz

instagram above
Nov 26, 2014
coventry
Just wondering if this is normal wear and tear to my lv1 internals , should I be concerned ?
Thanks
Heavy

StewartW

Certified Eclipse Tech
Feb 13, 2012
Scotland
Scratching on your bolt is normal.
The wear on your rammer however suggest that you aren't lubricating your lever enough to me. You'll probably find metal shavings in your rammer housing.

Bertz

instagram above
Nov 26, 2014
coventry
Scratching on your bolt is normal.
The wear on your rammer however suggest that you aren't lubricating your lever enough to me. You'll probably find metal shavings in your rammer housing.
Only just got this lv1 so unsure on previous owners maintenance ,
But thanks for the reply.
Any idea if I would need to strip it down to remove shavings then , the rammer tip is rough with a slight burr/edge but unsure if anything has come off but you never know

Bertz

instagram above
Nov 26, 2014
coventry
I work in engineering and have soft wheel grinding machines that could smooth out the rammer tip ? Or should I leave it as it is .

StewartW

Certified Eclipse Tech
Feb 13, 2012
Scotland
Only just got this lv1 so unsure on previous owners maintenance ,
But thanks for the reply.
Any idea if I would need to strip it down to remove shavings then , the rammer tip is rough with a slight burr/edge but unsure if anything has come off but you never know
a cotton bud should be sufficient in removing the any of the shavings if there is any.

StewartW

Certified Eclipse Tech
Feb 13, 2012
Scotland
I work in engineering and have soft wheel grinding machines that could smooth out the rammer tip ? Or should I leave it as it is .
Eh, pretty sure that would void your warranty as it were. ;)

Wouldn't recommend it.

Magic Rat

Swansea Draguns
Nov 21, 2012
Carmarthen
Contact planet eclipse,warranty service is excellent .
supportuk@planeteclipse.com
The marker must be registered to you though.
You could try the light rammer in your spares kit till you get sorted.
I always put a small drop of oil on the lever valve when servicing.
Metal on metal always needs a bit of lube.
Bolt wear is not an issue,just oil the O rings lightly on the bolt.
More oil increases the chance of collecting more debris.

Reactions: Bertz

Bertz

instagram above
Nov 26, 2014
coventry
Contacted eclipse just waiting on a response,
Originally renies marker I assume so doubtful will get anything through warranty.
But did have a look on their site for a replacement part but without luck so see what they say.
Guy on pbnation says it's normal, but because I know it's there and so on I'd prefer it being replaced.

Thanks guys for the help

Reactions: Magic Rat

Bertz

instagram above
Nov 26, 2014
coventry
"Thank you very much for your recent email and enquiry.
The wear and tear is completely normal on the tip of the rammer as that is the place where it makes contact with the lever. Please put some oil on the lever assembly. You can put a few drops of oil on it from above by removing the bolt."

Response from PE , so not to bothered but i think i will polish the tip and proceed to use oil on the tip alot more in future as everyone has stated.

thanks guys for the responses .