Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Wearing Glasses Under Masks

ToniH

May 26, 2014
Finland
I used to wear glasses under the mask, my glasses are pretty big wide+high hipster styles. I had some problems with my glasses getting fogged. I didn't use any sprays.

I just bought a small pack of contact lenses to test out in paintball. I'm never going back using glasses in paintball again.

Reactions: Spikerz

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
I have pretty small glasses, and they get stuck in my vio when I take it off and sort of get squished with it on. Not bad, but a little annoying. Seriously going to talk to the doc about laser eye surgery as he said I'm a good candidate for it. Hate, hate, hate glasses heh.

Natexxo

Aberdeen University Paintball Society (AUPS)
Dec 27, 2012
Aberdeen
Me and another team mate are blessed with needing glasses, and we both manage comfortably with Proflexes.. As far as lenses go, the closer to your face the better, but my glasses are quite large square frames and they still fit well.

The only thing I would say is, having that extra "lense" in there will mean you're gonna fog up a lot more than usual. If you can get a fan for your mask that might help, but, unless your vision is truly awful, I find playing sans glasses is just easier... Even if it does require a couple more leading shots.

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
smaller glasses frames fit better in most goggles, and allow more room for air to circulate. My glasses always fog up more that the goggles, so I use either cat crap or mucoff defog. Also two sets of goggles (JTflex and Vforce vantage) have fan kits installed as a back up

flash323334

Aug 6, 2007
i started wearing glasses not too long ago and everytime i take my mask off the glasses stay in the goggles so i have given up completely! blind paintball anyone?

Orinoco

Platinum Member
May 1, 2016
In the end I just have up and used contact because while they are a hassle to put in, they end up being comfortable after a while. However if you carnt wear contacts try as many masks as possible and go from there